World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

There’s only one team in Tallinn, one team in Tallinn.

spacer.png

When only Scotland turned up, and it ended in a goalless draw.

No. 6 celebrating like they won the cup

Chefs kiss from FIFA if correct.

Would be the most FIFA thing ever done by FIFA if they postpone it so the killing has stopped and then say: Welcome Russia. Remember to say no to racism and look at these lovely stadiums that the slaves have build.

Big turn on play-off with Russia ?! FIFA has a plan. If they do, they will be disgraced forever

There is less and less time left for the play-off matches for the World Cup, and the Polish national team still does not know what it is up to. FIFA takes different solutions into account. One of the scenarios considered by the activists of the world federation assumes that the Polish team will play ... with Russia not in March, but in June. 

FIFA is considering postponing the Russia-Poland match to June

According to Sebastian Staszewski from Interia, this may lead to an unbelievable twist of action. The journalist reported that in FIFA offices they are thinking that the Russia-Poland match should take place. The meeting would take place on a new date. In this case, it is said that the national teams of Sweden and the Czech Republic can also play in June.

https://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,64946,28192885,wielki-zwrot-ws-barazu-z-rosja-fifa-ma-plan-jesli-to-zrobia.html#do_w=91&do_v=307&do_st=RS&do_sid=476&do_a=476&s=BoxSportImg2

53 minutes ago, sne said:

Chefs kiss from FIFA if correct.

Would be the most FIFA thing ever done by FIFA if they postpone it so the killing has stopped and then say: Welcome Russia. Remember to say no to racism and look at these lovely stadiums that the slaves have build.

https://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,64946,28192885,wielki-zwrot-ws-barazu-z-rosja-fifa-ma-plan-jesli-to-zrobia.html#do_w=91&do_v=307&do_st=RS&do_sid=476&do_a=476&s=BoxSportImg2

His mate Putin must have told him it'll all be over by then 

It's funny/sad because no way are Poland, Czechia or Sweden going to play Russia regardless of the date.

Might as well hand the spot to Russia and be done with it.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

It's funny/sad because no way are Poland, Czechia or Sweden going to play Russia regardless of the date.

Might as well hand the spot to Russia and be done with it.

Was gonna say what will be the fall out from this, how long will it last, what will teams do over the nations league fixtures in June, even if the war has finished will there be a lingering sentiment of **** Russia, especially with the away fixtures 

I hope there is, it's Iceland, Israel and Albania and its "only" the nations league, I hope the smaller nations take a stand too and the bigger nations back them up, Russia should be booted out of the world cup and made to sit out a euro cycle 

Like hell that will happen though 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was gonna say what will be the fall out from this, how long will it last, what will teams do over the nations league fixtures in June, even if the war has finished will there be a lingering sentiment of **** Russia, especially with the away fixtures 

I hope there is, it's Iceland, Israel and Albania and its "only" the nations league, I hope the smaller nations take a stand too and the bigger nations back them up, Russia should be booted out of the world cup and made to sit out a euro cycle 

I cant imagine Israel taking a stand to not play them, that would be incredibly hypocritical. Albania well that region is a mess politically but as Russia are buddies with Serbia I could see them signing up to a protest.

I definitely expect Iceland to do it, the FA has had some PR crisis recently with some players in a lot of trouble with the police

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Question is, when will Russia be not seen as a pariah? Putin probably doesn't plan to go anywhere soon. 

But that's a side thought, what would have to happen for Russia to be accepted back into footballing establishment by other nations? (Not by FIFA of course, they'd have them playing tomorrow if they could) 

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Question is, when will Russia be not seen as a pariah? Putin probably doesn't plan to go anywhere soon. 

But that's a side thought, what would have to happen for Russia to be accepted back into footballing establishment by other nations? (Not by FIFA of course, they'd have them playing tomorrow if they could) 

It depends how this ends and how quickly it ends before Russia is brought back into the frame.

As for football terms South Africa were banned for about 20 years while Germany after the war got a World Cup ban, think Yugoslavia were banned for 3 tournaments in the 90s but was from UN sanctions

41 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I mean withdrawing their troops and stopping shelling residential buildings is surely not sufficient, but they haven't even met that bar yet or anything close, so I don't think we're anywhere near worrying about this for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Martin Samuel actually made an interesting point the other day....said for proper sporting sanctions Russia should be banned from Uefa qualifying and be made to play in Asia (applies to their clubs aswell) so they could still qualify for world cup but would lose so much income.

Anyway some interesting qualifiers this week:

Wales-Austria but either will have to wait until June now.

Portugal-Italy could potentially be happening this time next week which will be one of the games of the season.

Some brutal ties in Africa aswell:

Egypt-Senegal- would fancy Senegal but that will be tight over two legs.

Cameroon-Algeria- Algeria got much the better squad these days but were awful at AFCON.

Ghana-Nigeria- Ghana not the force they were. Nigeria a bit moody but should have enough to get over the line.

DR Congo-Morocco- Would be nice to see Congo play their first world cup since 1974 when they were Zaire (can still remember that player running from the wall to boot away a free kick) but again Morocco have a pretty decent squad so big favourites.

Mali-Tunisia- Hoping for Mali. Tunisia never seem to make much impact at world cups and Mali would be at least a new name in world cup even if they've had stronger squads in the past.

I know African teams really struggle to make impact at world cup but can see why they're pushing for 7-8 teams as that's a very tough way to qualify.

In Asia you have Australia likely to end up in the play off and can't see them beating whichever SA team they get, fun if it's Uruguay though given the history.

And Canada should finally confirm qualification and that's a really interesting story, English guy manages them aswell.

BBC article on Harry Kane aiming to shine a light on issues around Qatar. 

Same Harry Kane that went on strike to force a move to the classier owners from Man City

What a prick and always has been

• Like 2

Just watched the discovery documentary on how the Qatar world cup was bought, as discovered by the Sunday Times Insights team.  Blatter still denies Fifa was corrupt. In fairness the Qatar decision wasn't down to him as he favoured USA. It was Plantini/Sarkozy double act in order to get Air France to sell some of its airplanes and for PSG to be bought up. He didn't change the decision though, he just went directly to the Qatars in order to force Bin Hammam out of FIFA who was becoming a threat.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â