Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Also pretty sure he brought in Almstadt as Director as Football for a reason, and right about now will be far more interested in what Almstadt has to say than Sherwood.

I imagine them at meetings together reading all Tim's latest quotes with their heads in their hands. And hopefully a phone in at least one of them.

• Like 3

Not Rodgers.. Had enough of arrogant pricks who haven't achieved anything.

Get Moyes or look abroad. 

Moyes IS abroad.;)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Not Rodgers.. Had enough of arrogant pricks who haven't achieved anything.

Get Moyes or look abroad. 

Moyes IS abroad.;)

yes he is ;)

but i mean a foreign manager. Non british.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Rogers would be another massive mistake. His sucess is all due to being blessed by having the truely world class Suarez in his team. After watching being liverpool on channel 5 last year I felt uncomfortable how he touches the faces of the younger players whilst talking to them. It's all a bit Yew Tree.

I thought Allardyce would have been a shoe in. Being a West Midlander by birth would have been as good as having an ex Villa player as boss. He was doing laptops and stats before stats got sexy.

Long ball can be beautiful. Me and the geezer I sit next to were drooling over Charlie Adam's amazing switching of play and long balls perfect into stride last weekend.

I hope we don't regret missing out on Sam.

Have to go all out for Moyes now. Just blow him out of the water with a ten year contract (with a condition that if we ever drop into the bottom 3 or lose 5 consecutive games or lose a match more than 6-0 or break any more unwanted records we can exercise a clause in the contract with says "sacked with no compo")

• Like 1

Rogers would be another massive mistake. His sucess is all due to being blessed by having the truely world class Suarez in his team. 

He didn't have Suarez at Swansea. And it's his performance as Swansea manager that impresses me more than his time at Liverpool.

Exactly. And at the moment we are probably more comparable with Swansea than Liverpool.

Rogers would be another massive mistake. His sucess is all due to being blessed by having the truely world class Suarez in his team. 

He didn't have Suarez at Swansea. And it's his performance as Swansea manager that impresses me more than his time at Liverpool.

Martinez has to take 90% of the credit for that Swansea side IMO. 

Rowett looks like a good bet, if only he wasn't the manager of sha, if I was a Sunderland fan I would prefer him to big Sam. Hasslebank has done well as well. 

The future signings not being picked by the manager does give any future manager food for thought, I don't think a manager like Moyes would accept those terms , nor big Sam or Rogers, heaven forbid that happening anyway ffs

Rowett looks like a good bet, if only he wasn't the manager of sha, if I was a Sunderland fan I would prefer him to big Sam. Hasslebank has done well as well. 

The future signings not being picked by the manager does give any future manager food for thought, I don't think a manager like Moyes would accept those terms , nor big Sam or Rogers, heaven forbid that happening anyway ffs

I like Rowett, but I feel the club would never appoint another manager from SHA simply because they've never gotten their head around why we never wanted TSM.

I wasn't that he was the SHA manager, it was because he was shit and relegated them.

• Like 2

For what it's worth I don't want Sherwood in anymore but like all football fans I'm fickle and my opinion would change if we won the next two games. I'm glad Fox is in charge and not making the sort of knee jerk decisions fans make. So I'm glad he isn't doing anything right now but you would hope if this carries on for much longer action will be taken

Martinez has to take 90% of the credit for that Swansea side IMO. 

90% is pretty generous to Martinez there.

But it is a valid point, and one that I've made in the Sherwood thread. The philosophy was in place at Swansea before Rodgers got there. He merely carried it on and played to the strengths of the team he'd acquired and pushed them on. So it's a risk we'd take if we hired him that he'd be able to perform well here without a philosophy in place.

But yeah, 90% of credit to Martinez is very very harsh on Rodgers. Especially as there was a manager in between them.

But it would be a risk to appoint him here. As I said in the Sherwood thread. That risk is less than keeping Sherwood, imo.

I like Rowett, but I feel the club would never appoint another manager from SHA simply because they've never gotten their head around why we never wanted TSM.

I wasn't that he was the SHA manager, it was because he was shit and relegated them.

I wasn't bothered he was sha manager either nor would I be with Rowett , but lots would be . Wasn't  there a demo when MacLeish was appointed? That was before we even hoofed a ball for him .

• 2 weeks later...
Â