Tom Fox

Cracker1234

There was no delay though. He's been sacked incredibly quickly. 

You could argue he could have gone a game or two early but it's hardly huge. I don't think it woudl have made a big difference anyway apart from potentially missing out on Big Sam. But for all we know they could have explored that option and for whatever reason it wasn't going to happen.

Frankly had he brought in Allardyce i would have questioned his judgement. We were a club going nowhere in the long term. Allardyce may have provided a quick fix but even that wasn't  guaranteed as the 6-2 slaughter of S'Land yesterday suggests and we would have still have been "going nowhere" in my opinion.

All the hype about Garde may be bollox but if he is as good as the likes of Wenger and Houllier believe, he could be the difference between AVFC being constantly fighting relegation or finally rising from the ashes and making progress

I am very excited by our future with Garde arriving. I would not have been had Fox signed Allardyce. Fox seems to be trying to break the cycle of decline and time will now tell whether he can do it.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, the whole point of this club is what happens on the pitch and the results it gets. I find it hard to credit the people running the show when it's been a disaster in the areas that count. I like the idea of Garde and hopefully this leads to things finally changing.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, the whole point of this club is what happens on the pitch and the results it gets. I find it hard to credit the people running the show when it's been a disaster in the areas that count. I like the idea of Garde and hopefully this leads to things finally changing.

But then surely you don't credit anybody whatsoever?  If everyone is involved in these disastrous seasons, then the fault lies with everyone - Lerner, Fox, Lambert, Sherwood, Guzan, Westwood, Delph, Benteke... everyone.

For me, that just isn't right.

My "worry" would be that we didn't appear to interview anyone other than Sherwood last season when Lambert was finally given the Spanish archer .. and the talk was about how Sherwood had impressed everyone  .... fast forward 8 months and we don't appear to have interviewed any other candidates and have appointed a manger who by all accounts impresses everyone .

I do think though that our summer signings were made with this appointment in mind so maybe Garde has always been the aim of the game  ?

• Like 1

My "worry" would be that we didn't appear to interview anyone other than Sherwood last season when Lambert was finally given the Spanish archer .. and the talk was about how Sherwood had impressed everyone  .... fast forward 8 months and we don't appear to have interviewed any other candidates and have appointed a manger who by all accounts impresses everyone .

I do think though that our summer signings were made with this appointment in mind so maybe Garde has always been the aim of the game  ?

Apparently the St Ettiene manager was our first choice.

He wasn't.

He wasn't.

Oh yes he was #StevoITK

Credit where credit is due. Despite the media trying to undermine the credentials of Garde we've done incredibly well in the position we are in to actually upgrade our manager. Some will probably say it wasn't much of a challenge and to some extent I agree but I think we've managed to pull off a real coup here.

Credit where credit is due. Despite the media trying to undermine the credentials of Garde we've done incredibly well in the position we are in to actually upgrade our manager. Some will probably say it wasn't much of a challenge and to some extent I agree but I think we've managed to pull off a real coup here.

But you wouldn't really call what we had before a football manager though.

But you wouldn't really call what we had before a football manager though.

I did clarify that in the following sentence. :P

Edited by sexbelowsound

• 3 weeks later...

A big investigation needs to go now at Villa, who is responsible for bringing this absolute losers of players??????? Was it Fox? Reilly or that other clown we signed from arsenal??

They should be sacked immediately they have blown over 50m on absolute turd, the likes of Vereturd, Gana and Adama (who cant even make the squad) 

• Like 1

Â