Tom Fox

Cracker1234

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Our transfer 'policy' last summer could well go down as one of the most catastrophic in premier league history. 

Absolutely what a terrible strategic plan these fools have done. Destroyed the club 

Before the summer too. We appointed a man with a big mouth who is prone to sulks and unsettling those around him, and we gave him 3.5 year contract!

Before that we held on to Lambert too long, gave him and Gabby long term deals.

Idiots!

22 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Our transfer 'policy' last summer could well go down as one of the most catastrophic in premier league history. 

I have never seen such a large influx of shit players arrive in one window. It really was a joke and now we are stuck with a load of gash players with no resale value who will all go back home after being deemed flops

9 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Pahaha I like how opinions have gone from "BEST SUMMER EVER, GREAT SUMMER SHOPPING" to "worst signings ever, people signing transfers are idiots" 

That's because the first opinion was based on things people read and potential within the squad. And now it's based on us being the worst team in the league. 

18 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Pahaha I like how opinions have gone from "BEST SUMMER EVER, GREAT SUMMER SHOPPING" to "worst signings ever, people signing transfers are idiots" 

It was OTT at the time wasn't it? Most of us had never seen these guys play. Naturally, with seemingly lots of money spent, people were getting excited, can't blame them.

But the reality is that (a) we didn't spend anywhere enough, net spend was not sufficient, and (b) at very best we were getting potential with most of these signings - the hope being they could fulfil it quickly, the risk being then will either not fulfil it in time or not fulfil it at all. Well they are not delivering are they...

Looking like an absolute disaster. 

23 minutes ago, gharperr said:

I never really thought we had good window. I think at the time people were just excited about us making a load of signings after the Benteke and Delph sales despite the quality not being there and the fact that we replaced our best player with Gestede. An awful awful window which has relegated us

People were beyond belief in optimism.

Banging on about Veretout outshining Pogba in one game, probably a game that nobody watched. Totally oblivious to the fact that Pogba has outshone him 100 fold since when/where it matters.

It was similar the window we signed bacuna etc. Like usual, anyone with any doubt was criticised for being negative when actually they'd just looked at reality and realised that the chances are, some complete unheard of from Denmark, is more likely to be shite than the Danish ibrahimovic.

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, I thought it was overall an excellent window. These young players have come with excellent pedigrees. I am convinced that most, if not all, will become better players and have better careers than most of our home grown players.

If we finish bottom will it still have been an excellent window?! This is getting ridiculous now

I think our transfer window was quite bad and wasn't enough. We are to harsh on the signings now IMO; they had a pre-season with a charlatan who didn't know what he was doing. Might have been different if we had a good manager from the start.

13 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I think our transfer window was quite bad and wasn't enough. We are to harsh on the signings now IMO; they had a pre-season with a charlatan who didn't know what he was doing. Might have been different if we had a good manager from the start.

Well atm there's nothing to suggest that Garde is any better than Sherwood. 

I believe he is fwiw, and after 2 games it'd be unfair to judge but so far, he doesnt look any better.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

I believe he is fwiw, and after 2 games it'd be unfair to judge but so far, he doesnt look any better.

I said good manager; I don't know yet if Garde is one but Im sure he is better than Sherwood. They might be bad and atrocious and then we are screwed.

The signings were all gambles but they were at a competitive level, i.e. we were actually spending some money.

There is still a chance those players could come good and play a vital part for the club, but they should have only been half of our transfer story.

We needed some unfashionable current of former Prem players to help rebuild the spine of the club, just to make us competitive but average while we bedded in the new signings. But we didn't do that, we again spent a minimal amount on top of what we brought in.

If we had signed the likes of Austin, Huddlestone, Townsend, Lennon and some of the other relegated or out of favour players we were linked to we would at least still be circling the bowl rather than about to experience the second flush to send us down.

3 hours ago, Woodytom said:

I think he does.

He's got one good performance out of us this season, and isn't a massive word removed.

That alone makes him better than Sherwood.

• Like 4

Â