Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Sherwood has a personality alright. He's a prick.

It's so nice to be able to say this freely.

I don't like insulting our players or manager on a personal level so I've been restraining myself while Sherwood is in charge.

But now he's gone, seriously, what a **** prick.

• Like 3

Sherwood has a personality alright. He's a prick.

It's so nice to be able to say this freely.

I don't like insulting our players or manager on a personal level so I've been restraining myself while Sherwood is in charge.

But now he's gone, seriously, what a **** prick.

I started laughing at this when I realised you posted last 2 hours ago, haha.

I really liked his personality when I thought there was some substance behind him. I don't hate him, I just think he was blissfully ignorant about what it really requires to manage a team, can't fault his enthusiasm and passion but that alone is nowhere near enough. Hopefully it will be a humbling experience being fired. Won't hold my breath though, he could just be a massive word removed.

• Like 3

Tom you better get your arse in gear and tell the players to keep their opinions on our last manager to themselves. Its going to make the dressing room a very complicated place for any new manager when players, like Richards, are giving their opinions and fueling the already anti Villa media.

Another typical example of the poor leadership that exists at Aston Villa. I bet Tom hasn't been near the squad and explained whats happening and why. And the rules of engagement when dealing with the press.

Paul Faulkner mk2

Errrr, no! Fox knows a little about football, Faulkner was an accountant.

Tom Fox is an expert in marketing and sales, about as qualified as Faulkner on football knowledge but that's his job. Appointing his pal Almstadt as a sporting director was **** ridiculous as Almstadt isn't a football man either. Successful clubs like Milan, Madrid, Barcelona have proper football people in these roles not statiticians

Paul Faulkner mk2

Tom Fox is an expert in marketing and sales, about as qualified as Faulkner on football knowledge but that's his job. Appointing his pal Almstadt as a sporting director was **** ridiculous as Almstadt isn't a football man either. Successful clubs like Milan, Madrid, Barcelona have proper football people in these roles not statiticians

You clearly know Fox and Almstadt and their roles in detail. Care to share any other boardroom secrets?

Paul Faulkner mk2

He was chief marketing officer for Arsenal for 5 years. So I think that involves knowing football. Faulkner was as good as a call centre manager for MBNA. Which if you didn't know, is a bank!

The bloke managing to get Rangers win every game wasn't a Football Man.

Actually I'm pretty sure he was a hedge fund manager. And relies heavily on statistics. About the antithesis of a football man.

Im intrigued...how does somebody become a "football man"?. Whats the qualifications needed? And why does being an expert in marketing and sales mean you cant have football knowledge? Do you want an ex football pro who very likely isnt going to be very intelligent (averages) to become a DOF of a football club because theyve kicked a ball in their life?  

Agreed. However I do think it's fair to question the appointment of someone who hasn't done the specific role before. I don't think we need a football man, but maybe it would have been better to hire someone experienced at running a football club and not just the marketing side of things. 

So far Fox has hired a manager that lasted 8 months and over seen our worst start in God knows how long. I'm not sure how his role at Arsenal makes him the most qualified man to sort our mess out.

I think the model we are implementing is the right one, but like with managers and players if we bring in the wrong people it won't work. I also think when the ambition is set at such a low bar from the owner its going to have a knock on effect on the people he's hired to carry out his vision.

• Like 1

Â