The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Agree with dakid007 about not starting him against the giants Stoke, would love to see him coming on after the first half. If I understood the line-up correctly yesterday we played 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 with Weimann just behind Gabby. Jack is effective cutting in from the right or just dribbling past players witch he did a couple of times. With that said, I would loved to see him playing in Weimanns position with Weimann playing on the wing to cut in and shoot!

Local boy breaking through who can beat a man and get the crowd on their feet.

If that doesn't stir your soul then nothing will. It's Roy of the Rovers. It's George Best chipping the entire defence. It's Ryan Giggs gliding past trailing tackles. It's at the very heart of why we love football.

Which is exactly why first day of the season, the kid is on the bench... 60 minutes in, the game tight at 0-0, on comes Roy... 89th minute, time ebbing away, he jinks past one, jinks past another, he looks through but some good defending pushes him out wide. He manages to skip one through the defenders legs though and onto Gabby's toe! Surely! It must be!...

Row Z...

But hey, our kid has arrived right. Viva La football eh... :)

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

However much game time he gets he needs to be allowed to make mistakes and get used to doing the right thing naturally.

As example against Parma he made that great run into the box, dribbled round a few players but didn't play the ball early enough (no criticism), got a bit of a telling off, then later on the ball dropped to his feet, had a chance to dribble in the box but played it to Bent who had a good shot. It's that sort of experience that he needs and he won't get it unless he gets game time.

I just hope the crowd supports the learning curve because for a tricky player you're going to lose the ball, especially a young one, and you need to put yourself in positions to get tackled so you know how and when to beat your man.

Play him, if he's good enough we'll find out sooner rather than laterl. To me it's so stupid not playing these type of players just beacuse. If Ferguson thought about not playing potentials back in the early 90's than................................

• Like 1

Why not start him? Reward him for being better than other during pre season games. Give him that incentive to keep performing and keep his place.

We look poor going forward, he could be a surprise addition for opponents and make a real difference.

be patient ?  the kid is chomping at the bit to play first team... throw him in second half against stoke 

The only reason I'd be reluctant to play him against Stoke is the possibility of them breaking his legs

I remember a performance put in by Fabian Delph against Fiorentina, he was awesome that day, I was crying out for him to play. He played and we lost 2-0 at home to Wigan, with him being fairly anonymous in that game. I don't think he should start but he should definitely be on the bench.

Play him, if he's good enough we'll find out sooner rather than laterl. To me it's so stupid not playing these type of players just beacuse. If Ferguson thought about not playing potentials back in the early 90's than................................

I suppose there's the argument that playing him too much too early, could put too much pressure on him and halt his progress?

Many people have suggested that Weimann could have progressed much better, had he not been relied on to perform in a relegation battling side of young-and-unproven players.

The same could happen to Grealish if we're not careful.

I want us to play him. But we also shouldn't heap too much pressure on him.

• Like 2

Â