The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Buzzing after that. Oozed class when he came on especially given how boring the game was before...Looks so calm and composed.

Kevan, just tell him to shoot on sight son. He doesn't need to do all the hard work work and then lay it off to someone else who'll mess it up. Just tell him to do what he did then smash it into into the net ala Messi. The lad's got the talent to do it, he just needs to trust in himself.

• Like 1

If he is that good why wouldn't he start next week?

He was easily the standout player today.

He's played a full season is a very physical league, but the PL is a whole new level. I'm not sure if he'll start at Stoke, but I'd be hugely disappointed if he didn't play some part in the match.

I would hope he gets the sort of opportunity that Januzaj got at Man U, which was 27 league appearances last season. 

If he is that good why wouldn't he start next week?

He was easily the standout player today.

He's played a full season is a very physical league, but the PL is a whole new level. I'm not sure if he'll start at Stoke, but I'd be hugely disappointed if he didn't play some part in the match.

I would hope he gets the sort of opportunity that Januzaj got at Man U, which was 27 league appearances last season.

I've only seen snippets and he looks good. If we had a good team then I'd understand not throwing him in but considering how much creativity we lack it sounds like we really need him.

No pressure on the lad though.

Buzzing after that. Oozed class when he came on especially given how boring the game was before...Looks so calm and composed.

Kevan, just tell him to shoot on sight son. He doesn't need to do all the hard work work and then lay it off to someone else who'll mess it up. Just tell him to do what he did then smash it into into the net ala Messi. The lad's got the talent to do it, he just needs to trust in himself.
Mate. We've all told him. Me, dad, mom, friends even football coaches but I dont know he just seems to want to pass it. When he was younger he never used to. But ever since it got serious he just plays it instead of taking the glory himself. I just hope he realises soon that he will get more recognition by trying this shots rather than giving it someone else.

And in response to viva la villa its because PL wants to keep him grounded and not be another delfouneso... IMO.

Fair enough but players like Delfouneso don't flop because they are thrown in to early. It's because they are not good enough. Gabby was thrown in at 17 when we really needed him. Didn't do him any harm.

Has to play in my opinion.

Mate. We've all told him. Me, dad, mom, friends even football coaches but I dont know he just seems to want to pass it. When he was younger he never used to. But ever since it got serious he just plays it instead of taking the glory himself. I just hope he realises soon that he will get more recognition by trying this shots rather than giving it someone else.

And in response to viva la villa its because PL wants to keep him grounded and not be another delfouneso... IMO.

To be fair that doesn't always have to be a bad thing. The reason it didn't really come off today was more about bacuna not concentrating on himself when it happened, he was caught out. On the other hand, it was a great moment to shoot. I find it more worrying when they always go for the shot when they keep missing. Hopefully timing will be better as he gets older. Still looks fantastic, really one of the more exciting things this season because we really need a player like that with out static midfield. Hopefully we get someone in that is better there.

Maybe he stopped shooting because he didn't want all the attention on him. He has been so ahead of his age groups in ability, he must have been worried about provoking jealousy if he also scored all the goals.

On the other hand, maybe a coach told him he needed to learn to play a team game. Or learn how to shoot properly.

Interesting to learn.  It's a hidden aspect of his personality as a footballer - currently suppressed now but maybe still to come out of him when he gets established in the first team?

He may be far better than we even hope he is...

Very, very, VERY impressed with Jack today. First time I've seen him in the flesh and I must say he was head and shoulders above most other players on the pitch. There's definitely something about him.

Kev, he'll get into a lot of scoring positions if he keeps playing the way he did today. In which case, just think how many goals he'll get. I hope he does learn to be a bit more selfish because he certainly seems to have the talent to get a lot of goals.

Out of interest, which club does Jack support? And, what's with the shorts mate? They seemed really short on him. Is it because he's not filled out yet.

Â