Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

on the wing yes^ bigger goal threat.

Based on the tons of goals Robinson has scored at PL level, yeah?

LOL now goals at PL level matter :D

The point being that you can't base him being a "bigger goal threat" on anything at all; because he hasn't done anything at PL level.

The point being that you can't base him being a "bigger goal threat" on anything at all; because he hasn't done anything at PL level.

Yep no PL goals in what, 12 minutes of PL football.

Rubbish

• Like 1

OK, so we must play our players that have proven it at PL level. Pass that on to Mr Lambert!

Yep no PL goals in what, 12 minutes of PL football.

Rubbish

Not what's being said.

Someone said he'd be a bigger goal threat than Weimann.  The response was "based on the tons of goals scored at PL level, yeah?" i.e:  You can't say he poses a bigger goal threat than <x> when they haven't even played comparatively.

It'd be like saying John Smith, top scorer at Accrington Stanley, is a bigger goal threat than Benteke because he's scored more this season - but the level is massively different.

OK, so we must play our players that have proven it at PL level. Pass that on to Mr Lambert!

Again, point missed.

pne will probably tweet this tomorrow callum Robinson has returned back to Aston Villa more details on the way here http://www.pnefc.net 

Preston Supp Group ‏@psgupdate  6 mins

We are sure we speak on behalf of all #PNEFC fans in thanking @CallumRobbo37 for his efforts and wish him all the best for the future.

Few

Fe

Few rumours that we loaned Bent to Brighton as decided to bring Callum back from Preston..

Edited by Villan4Life

I like Zog, but last night he was awful.

Would love it if Robinson replaced him, even if it was just off the bench.

I wonder if he can track back and defend, as i fear that is the only reason Grealish doesn't get a game. Look at Weimann, playing second left back vs Saints can Callum or Grealish tackle?

I like Zog, but last night he was awful.

Would love it if Robinson replaced him, even if it was just off the bench.

I wonder if he can track back and defend, as i fear that is the only reason Grealish doesn't get a game. Look at Weimann, playing second left back vs Saints can Callum or Grealish tackle?

I don't think he'd do a better job, although he might be more inclined to search for support because he's a younger guy who doesn't want to make a mistake.

As we saw with Bent last night he came on to finish a chance, the sort of chance Weimann missed, however Weimamm is a forward like Robinson, not a wide player...square pegs in round holes hasn't worked in the past and it'll work even less if we don't cross the ball.

This quote is in the Lancashire Evening Post,

“At the start of the season back at Villa I was trying to get in at the back post and get in the box more.

“And coming here we do it all the time. The gaffer tells me I need to get in to the back post to get the little tap-ins like I did on Saturday.

“It’s obviously working, I’ve scored two back post tap-ins now.

“It proves that I’m learning and knowing the positions and movement I need to get into the box and score.”

If he's coming back perhaps we're going to change our style? Or perhaps he'll be another player that stands in the right places but is never found because we don't play a wide game or one with intricacy in our passing play to find a free player in the box.

Great news that he has been recalled, he didn't look out of place when he played for us last season and looked capable of making things happen.  He has being playing on the wing for PNE so he will of had some experience out wide which will give us more options than having Bent on the bench.  

• Like 1

Â