Are we turning into the new Stoke?

supernova26

Is hoofball our game now?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Are we becoming the new Stoke?

• No
    • Yes
    • I can't be arsed to even credit this question with an answer

Comparing us to Stoke here so this can go here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22646131

Pretty interesting and would explain why we probably struggled at home last year. Having the biggest pitch and being the underdogs in most games cant be good.

More proof we're the new Stoke. Both of us are at the end of the table for pitch sizes. Peas in a pod.

• Like 1

Comparing us to Stoke here so this can go here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22646131

Pretty interesting and would explain why we probably struggled at home last year. Having the biggest pitch and being the underdogs in most games cant be good.

More proof we're the new Stoke. Both of us are at the end of the table for pitch sizes. Peas in a pod.

Yeah just about to comment on this. Stoke's pitch is deliberately small done by Pullis, to the minimum size. You could tell when that season they played in Europe, the pitch had to be bigger. It looked like a different ground. I am quite suprised Villa Park is the biggest pitch in the prem though.

Pitch size is probably worth its own thread.

I recon we would want a long but narrow pitch. We dont play with width but we like a counter attack with pase.

Exactly. Villa Park's way too wide for the manner in which we play. Make it as narrow as possible and we may even have some success utilizing a 2-man central midfield.

Now I am reading a thread about how awesome Bazza Bannan is. Well played, sir!

It's like VT's version of Godwin's Law, the longer a thread grows, the probability of Bannan's ability being mentioned approaches 1. ;)

And I have inadvertently invoked Godwin's Law. :blush::D

You may not rate Bannan, but implying he's a Nazi is out of order.

Sorry, I didn't actually mean to. I added the second line in later as I thought that comparing a "Bannan" law to Godwin's Law invoked it by accident, which as MJ pointed out, it doesn't.

It was a poor joke that I made in a tired state and in poor taste, which is highlighted by the lack of likes for it.

And apologies if I offended anyone with it, I feel really bad now :(

You knob head ;)

Ah the old width and length debate. Some say it matters some don't.

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it, That's what my girlfriend keeps telling me anyway.

Says Mr. Mini-wiener :P

However I read somewhere else that the Premier League did standarise all pitch sizes last season?

I thought this too

They basically say the pitch size has to be within certain parameters, but those parameters are quite wide, because ideally the governing bodies want to promote larger pitch sizes to promote more free flowing football. This would mean that Stoke for instance would have to rebuild their stadium to accomodate a large pitch!

Â