• Yes
    • I can't be arsed to even credit this question with an answer

Type 1 Hoof has very limited technique

Type 2 Hoof has unspecified target

Type 3 Hoof is a long ball to the target man

MON = Type 2 hoof down channels 

AML = Type 1 hoof from Collins/Dunne

PL = Type 3 hoof to Benteke. 

Type 3 hoof is the classiest type of long ball game, with the most skill involved, often simply referred to as "direct." Man Utd play type 3 hoof often.

However, we have been more than a long ball team under PL. Benteke is also good with his feet. A lot of our goals are counter-attacks, on the ground at pace. 

I'd characterise the team as direct and counter-attacking. Perhaps this year we will display more of the passing game we have seen in the first few games this year.

Just change the name of the site to Stoketalk and have done.

Coming up, Off Topic discussions about oatcakes, toilets, scintillating arguments about whether Burslem or Hanley is better, and the fact that Slash is from there.

Any better evidence apart from a goal against Rotheram? Why are all our strikers big and tall? Worrying direction is it not?

Are you for real ?

If we signed Christiano Ronaldo would you be complaining that at 1.86m he was too tall ?

No. No. And no.

Personally I like that we are buying bigger players - we need a bit more muscle. However, if you look at Benteke's goals, an awful lot are the result of play between the front 3, particularly on the counter attack. All teams will hoof from time to time, and we have that option. But it is not option #1 - that is based around pace.

Deary me. Yes we are the new stoke.

Okore is the new Shawcross, Benteke is the new Crouch, Lowton is the new Shotton, Gabby is the new Jerome. I can't believe nobody spotted it earlier.

With gigantic lumbering bruisers like Westwood, Delph and KEA packing the midfield we've basically abandoned any notion of passing or dribbling.

• Like 3

Â