Are we turning into the new Stoke?

supernova26

Is hoofball our game now?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Are we becoming the new Stoke?

• No
    • Yes
    • I can't be arsed to even credit this question with an answer

I have found proof we are the new Stoke...

Look at this video, you will see Matt Lowton out Stoke'ing Stoke in Stoke while playing Stoke!!!

Just look how far out he is, that is long ball football if ever I've seen it.

Yes it does look a lot like this doesn't it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUXn7un-lU

• Like 2

Any better evidence apart from a goal against Rotheram? Why are all our strikers big and tall? Worrying direction is it not?

Well they're not. Weimann and Gabby are hardly monsters.

I think we need some height anyway, our usual XI seems fairly small on average and it just worries me a bit at set peices.

What gave Stoke the reputation it had (IMO) was not so much the way it played when the ball was active (ok it was bad) but it was more to do with the:

• Long throw ins - we just don't do that.
  • Time wasting (5 mins for each feree kick, throw in, and goal kick), whether they were winning, losing, or drawing and no matter what time in the game. - we just don't do that.
  • Constant dirty tackling - we're not a dirty team.
  • Negative tactics from the manager - just not Lambert's style.

I wouldn't even care that much if we were as long as it was effective. 

I'm not a fan of tippy tappy football. I'm not a fan of frustrating/boring teams into submission. 

I am a fan of physical football, not just in terms of height and strength but speed and workrate. I am a fan of high tempo counter attacking football. 

We're certainly more of the second than the first. Like I've always said  though you can be relatively successful just by playing differently to everyone else. We should be trying to find our own identity. There's far too much of a perception throughout football now that the Barcelona way is the future and every team should embrace it or be left behind. Of course this ignores the fact that Bayern absolutely destroyed Barcelona last season with a physical high-tempo game (of course they then quite bizarrely went on to hire one of the chief architects of tippy tappy football in Guardiola). 

I have found proof we are the new Stoke...

Look at this video, you will see Matt Lowton out Stoke'ing Stoke in Stoke while playing Stoke!!!

Just look how far out he is, that is long ball football if ever I've seen it.

Goosebumps. Every time. 

Constant dirty tackling - we're not a dirty team.

Unfortunately, we are now thought of as a bit of a dirty team by opposition fans and we do seem to pick up quite a few bookings per match. Of course, unlike Stoke, I don't believe that this is due to instruction from the management but probably due to the fact that we have quite a few poor tacklers in the team.

Edited by Isa

We do pick up yellows but we're not a malicious team. You won't see someone going in with a career ender. It's far more likely to be (and often is) the tenacious Delph snapping at your heels, for example. We don't have one properly dirty player in our team.

Â