Are we turning into the new Stoke?

supernova26

Is hoofball our game now?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Are we becoming the new Stoke?

• No
    • Yes
    • I can't be arsed to even credit this question with an answer

At home. Definitely yes. Were so direct. It's pretty shit to watch.

Well a couple of months on and we're like it Away now too. So horrible to watch. Lambert better sort it out next season. I'm willing to accept the shit football for results this season. But next season Lambert really needs to bring in the players who can make a difference to our style of play, and Lerner needs to back him, otherwise we've got an incredibly dull few years ahead until eventually the fans push him out the door.

Edited by PieFacE

Last in the league in possession, last in total passes and last in successful passes having played almost half of the season.

If McLeish had served that he'd be hanged.

Results are OK though.

Still, if Mcleish had served that he'd hanged and rightly so.

Those stats are pretty awful! And you're right McLeish would have been hanged for it.

Last in the league in possession, last in total passes and last in successful passes having played almost half of the season.

If McLeish had served that he'd be hanged.

Results are OK though.

Still, if Mcleish had served that he'd hanged and rightly so.

Those stats are pretty awful! And you're right McLeish would have been hanged for it.

Mcleish had a full squad of experienced Premier League players and had spunked 20mill on hutton, zog, given, and jenas.

Different eras and circumstances.

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 1

The new new stoke ( under Mark Hughes)has moved away from the new stoke ( under Tony Pulis) so I'm not sure what Stoke the original poster is referring to.

There are posters on this forum that will look at results and no further that is the end of their concern....I understand their view, but respectfully, don't agree with it.....if only football life was that simple.

Performance wise we are clearly going backwards, there is plenty of mitigating circumstances, but something is not right, even if the manager came out and said as much, you would feel he see's it and acknowledges it, just can't/won't do anything about it.

to dismiss our poor quality of football as a bad day at the office or if you want to be entertained go to the cinema...... is pure folly.

• Like 1

And to be fair to McLeish, he started his season in a similar fashion to this, points wise.  Lambert plays just about the worst football in the league.

It is fair to McLeish but unfair to Lambert. We had a much more easier start in the McLeish season in comparison, we beat teams who were involved in the relegation battle come the end of the season (Wigan/Blackburn/Bolton), and we drew a lot of games.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

We have used the point that we have had such a tough start and now we are playing lesser sides that are arguably producing no better performances.

....are we in danger of kidding ourselves?

We have used the point that we have had such a tough start and now we are playing lesser sides that are arguably producing no better performances.

....are we in danger of kidding ourselves?

Possibly. I do think Lambert deserves the benefit of doubt considering our tough start and the points we have obtained so far. 

I too laughed at the OP when this thread first started. At the moment it seems he was just ahead of the curve. I sincerely apologise.

I especially should give the OP more credit because he mentions Bannan, and makes a good point that we haven't replaced him.

If we fail to get majority possession against the "easier" teams coming up after Man Utd, which we used to do with Bannan in the team, then I will agree we are the new Stoke.

My view right now is we adjust our play according to the standard of the opposition. We will play more long balls against passing teams in a deliberate attempt not  to out-compete what they're better at and work to our strengths.

This is what possession looks like ;) 

76xfyCw.gif

[/troll]

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Con not being funny but the amount of times you have shown this clip, its getting tiresome, most of the work was done by CB and Weimann, but for some reason you'd award Bannan the player of the year award for one pass. I can show you his best pass in a Villa shirt, it was one where he sent Suarez through on goal.

• Like 2

Hey!

I'm not calling for his head, far from it. He is a likeable guy.

just wish he would show a bit of humility and share a few concerns with us. I know its a close balancing act, but you can protect the players too much too.

We need to know a few people at B6 care....not just us the fans....and when a game is shit...says its shit...then say " we go again" or " honest bunch of lads.

just joking with the last bit...well I think I am.

Con not being funny but the amount of times you have shown this clip, its getting tiresome, most of the work was done by CB and Weimann, but for some reason you'd award Bannan the player of the year award for one pass. I can show you his best pass in a Villa shirt, it was one where he sent Suarez through on goal.

He put /troll at the end to be fair.

• Like 1

and you would both be wrong. His pass at fulham was brilliant 

• Like 1

Â