Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

HalfTimePost

The nervous begins ! ~_~

Every time I feel confident .. I just remember that we're bad at the beginning of our games and nervous .. Even we did that against Rotherham .. We have to score first in this game if we don't want to have bad times watching the game !

We're capable of getting three points with a good performance .. They have quality in their squad and could be dangerous on their day ..

The scheduling has been so unkind to us. 3 weeks without a game is ridiculous. Hard to know how this will effect us! Its almost like starting the season again. Yes we need to win! Any win will do! Lets get our home campaign started. In the three matches we have been unlucky not to get points against Chelsea and Liverpool. We created a lot more than Liverpool, but teams know how to negate our attacking threat at home so we need our midfield to chip in. Delph will score!

Edited by PaulC

Saturday can't come soon enough. Newcastle should be our direct competition really so with home advantage we've got to be getting points in this fixture, 1 if not 3.

Edited by dnmacf

Saturday can't come soon enough. Newcastle should be our direct competition really so with home advantage we've got to be getting points in this fixture, 1 if not 3.

Villa haven't had a home advantage for a few seasons  ;)

Villa haven't had a home advantage for a few seasons  ;)

Exactly this. I am much happier when we're playing away - as we struggle to dictate games and break teams down at VP. 

I have that gut feeling that we will definitely win this and my gut feeling is generally accurate. KEA will almost certainly come in for Bacuna you'd feel and the rest of the team should stay the same.

Newcastle have a good squad but Pardew is a sub-standard manager in my opinion and the atmosphere surrounding the club is toxic which is why I think they'll have another poor season. Though their fans seem pretty confident for the game (http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=51086.30). I hope Remy doesn't start as he is the sort of player that causes our defence problems. Ben Arfa most likely will who as we all know is a proven match-winner. We will need help from midfield to handle him.

I'll go 3-1. I was going to say 2-0 but I thought going for a win and a clean-sheet is probably over-optimistic.

Weimann to get a brace to put us two up, someone like Remy to pull one back for them with 20 minutes left and Gabby (due a goal) to finish them off on the counter.

Edited by Isa

2 - 2

I have a feeling Ben Arfa is going to have a blinder for them

He really is different class to the rest of them every time I watch them.  We're our own worst enemy in this game, playing at home the way we do. 

I think we'll lose this 3-1. Cisse seems to love scoring against us. 

I think we'll have a lot of possession in midfield but wont do anything with it. And we'll get hit on the counter attack a lot. 

Edited by PieFacE