Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

HalfTimePost

This could be a banana skin. Expectation levels are high, you'd think we have what it takes to beat a pretty poor Newcastle team that are going to be a real car crash this season - BUT this is the type of match we always choke in.

I'd be happy with a scrappy 1-0 win, we just need points on the board after 2 defeats. 3 defeats in a row and the pressure will start to build.

Well i am hoping we buck our usual trend in this one... You know where we are unlucky to lose against 2 of the larger teams then have that horrid game where we are all expecting a win against supposedly lesser opposition only to play really poorly, choke and tamely lose the game....This especially seems to happen at home!

This game has all those hallmarks & any win will be a true sign that things are taking a turn for the better at long last.....Here's hoping!

I think Lambert is going to play a surprise. he has toyed with 4-2-4 / 4-2-2-2 before and I think he is going to do so again against newcastle

8CqW1x9.gif

Was the surprise going to be making us play in a purple kit?

The last 2 times I remember Villa trying a new attacking formation was the 6-0 loss against Newcastle and the Chris Sutton 1st half hat-trick inspired 4-0 defeat against Blackburn.

Well i am hoping we buck our usual trend in this one... You know where we are unlucky to lose against 2 of the larger teams then have that horrid game where we are all expecting a win against supposedly lesser opposition only to play really poorly, choke and tamely lose the game....This especially seems to happen at home!

This game has all those hallmarks & any win will be a true sign that things are taking a turn for the better at long last.....Here's hoping!

Got to say I've the same niggling feeling about this one based on 20+ years of previous experience. It would be classic Villa to just roll over with Newcastle there for the taking.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and that the **** weather sorts itself out too. 

Edited by flamingsombrero

Really hope we never play Kozak and Benteke together. They are so similar that they just won't compliment each other at all. If we are going to resort to a reckless 4-2-4 formation, then it may as well be Helenius and Benteke.

A scarily big game tomorrow. Win it and we have made an excellent start. Lose and it all looks like Arsenal was a flash in the pan and doom and gloom with start to rear its ugly head again. Rightly or wrongly.

It's vital we put on a show though and absolutely do not lose.

Expecting another Delph master class. 2-0 Benteke, Wiemenn. I'm most excited to be looking at the Holte head on for the first time! as a season ticket holder or just going to single games I only ever sat in the Holte, I'm guessing the NS upper won't be as lively...

Going to my first match of the season as I was on holiday for the Liverpool game.  Does anybody know if we use last year's season ticket as I can't find the welcome pack that the club sent me.  If anybody can post a picture of the new card I would be grateful.

Ill be very surprised if this is not the same line up as the opening two games, barring injuries.

After facing three top level opposition this is effectively the start of our season, and we need to start off well.

I'm worried about this one. I normally am as a lot of my mates are newcastle fans.

But if Newcastle suddenly decide to click then we could be in trouble be causes they have some very very good players

Our home form is very poor and like others have said we have to learn to break teams down and get the balance between defence and attack right. We also need to learn to start playing in the first half of matches.

They have a full strength team to pick from with cabaye Remy Taylor and tiote all back and fit and the thought of Ben arfa and Remy running at our defence scares me

I'm just hoping we are ready to give a team a thorough beating now we ain't playing a top side!

Going to my first match of the season as I was on holiday for the Liverpool game. Does anybody know if we use last year's season ticket as I can't find the welcome pack that the club sent me. If anybody can post a picture of the new card I would be grateful.

It's a new season card for this season.