home.png
El Ahmadi
home.png
Weimann
home.png
Benteke
home.png
1D Fan

And then depending on how the game goes we'll see up to three (That's usually how substitutions work} of Helenius, Kozak, Sylla, Bacuna and any others on the bench gain some game time.

I'm going for 5-2 Villa win. :flag:

Edited by 8pints

Home game against a lower half opposition, we should be looking to win these games if we want to push on from the previous seasons.

We have enough to win this comfortably and Newky are awful on the road, think their only away win last year was at Villa park.

Thinking Kozza will score if he gets to play

10 things to watch out for this weekend #8

Lambert and battlers

Last winter Aston Villa endured a league run of seven games in which they drew three and lost four and were also beaten in the cups by teams from lower divisions; the tedious cycle of news quickly prefixed Paul Lambert's name with "beleaguered" and "under pressure". But Randy Lerner kept his nerve (and his severance pay) and is nearing vindication. Though Villa have already lost twice this season, they impressed against both Chelsea and Liverpool and the youngsters in whom he has shown such faith have clearly improved as a consequence. But now he has got them playing he must teach them how to win. A home game with Newcastle is a helpful place to begin. DH

Actually, many of us (me included) are assuming we'll just stick with our current settled starting 11 and regular 4-3-3 formation. But at Norwich Lambo was never averse to mixing it up. I'm now wondering whether he'll go bold and stick the 2 bruisers up front from the off tomorrow. I'm intri-gooed.

Coloccini and Mbiwa could be a good partnership, Mbiwa is pretty quick so I'd assume he'll be the one marking Benteke primarily with Coloccini assisting when needed.

Throwing Kozak into the mix from the off could either work very well or go horribly wrong, Lambert certainly has the balls to try it if he wants to.

Very intrigued to see how we lineup.

We need 3 midfielders .. atleast in the beginning !

Our beginning is always awful this season .. So keeping it tight in the beginning is better until we enter to the game ..

If , and this is a big if .. Lambert would like to start Kozak .. He either put him for Weimann .. Or take a midfielder .. And throw Tonev instead of Weimann ..

And here we have the first real test of where we’re at. At home to a team I think we would beat away.

Make no mistakes these are the home games we need to be winning.

Can we create enough if we are forced to play in front of their back four? I hope the answer is yes? If not will we see what I suspect to be our new Plan B?

I see it as follows: 

Starting lineup 4-3-3-

Guzan
Lowton Okore Vlaar Luna
   Westwood kea Delph
  Weimann Benteke Gabby

Plan B - 4-3-1-2

Guzan

Lowton Okore Vlaar Luna
Bacuna Westwood Tonev   

Gabby

Benteke  Kozak

Edited by Villastine

Hi guys, after following VT for years I have finally signed up!

Now, to the game.  Newcastle are pretty poor away, they won just twice away from SJP last season and one of those was against us in a game that we really should have won.  But this is a different season and they do have players that can hurt us.

As for our home form, well, it's obvious that we struggle to break teams down when they don't throw the kitchen sink at us, a la Arsenal, and this is going to be one of those games where we have to find a way of playing a different kind of attacking game.  They will come to VP to keep it tight and frustrate us and try to hit us on the break.  They will probably look to there ability to score from midfield, and Cabaye and Ben Arfa are more than capable of doing so.

My worry is, that in a tight game, we don't score enough goals from  midfield, we don't have a player in the middle of the park who scores from outside the box and it could well be a screamer that wins this one.  Have we got that in us?  I am not sure.  We are too reliant on the big man to find the net and we desperately need to find another way, especially at home, to score goals.

Saying that, I am going for a 1-1 with Kozak to come of the bench and get a late equaliser.

Big game this for us, we need to show that we can perform against mid table opposition at Villa Park.  I think this game will be a greater barometer of how far we have come under Lambert than the last 3 matches.  Playing well against the top 6 is all good and well, but its these games that will determine where we end up.