Benteke

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Kozak
home.png
Agbonlahor

Nurse! He's out again.
I can't resist the firepower. I have a sneak that Lambert won't either. Almost a 4-2-4. Scare the bejeebus out of them.

Yeah a defeat here would make our decent start look pretty awful. Feel a bit like back to square one but I have confidence in our side to pick up the win. Newcastle are generally awful away from home but then again we are generally awful at home..

I said that to somebody yesterday.  3 points from 3 big teams is a decent effort, but a loss to Newcastle and 3 points from 4 games will see us back down amongst the shite, and what was a plucky start with some decent performances would see all the positivity start to disappear.  The pressure would then be on for the Norwich game, and we'd back in a similar situation to last season.  I'm hoping for a classy performance, and a proper old style battering of Newcastle.  A clean sheet in the league too, please.

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Okore
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Luna

home.png
Westwood
home.png
Delph

home.png
Benteke

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Kozak
home.png
Agbonlahor

Mother of god, what in the name of all that is holy is THAT?!  Did I miss the memo that said Ardiles had been made manager?! :)

• Like 1

Not a chance of Westwood being dropped.

I love Westwood. But I think he's the least energetic and dynamic of our midfield. When you have 2 in there, you need 2 players who can cover a lot of ground. Delph and KEA are both very similar in how quickly they can get about the pitch, so if we're losing one midfielder so we can push higher up then I think Westwood would need to make way.

I think Lambert is going to play a surprise. he has toyed with 4-2-4 / 4-2-2-2 before and I think he is going to do so again against newcastle

8CqW1x9.gif

Yep, exactly what I was thinking.

Yeah, lambert dropped a hint today he may play Kozak and Beneteke together. I think the only wrinkle maybe one or two of the international players maybe a bit tired and benched for a game. IMHO if you have to play a 2 man mid then Delph and KEA are a nose ahead right now.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer