10 years on

David-Copenhagen

Pretty certain that I used FTT and the rubbish OS forums but can not recall much in particular from either . Fairly sure I have been on VT since 2005 as well but could never remember my login details after returning from operational tours with the Army. Brumerican came about from when I moved to Florida so I could keep up with Villa news. I don't post as frequently these days due to laziness but I do check in most days .You can find me outside the Holte with Rob and OBE if you fancy a reach around before home games .

I joined over 7 years ago but mainly lurked. Its only been recently that I have started posting. Used to lurk on H & V but haven't even looked at their forum in years!

Considering the short time of my stay on VT, I've met a fair few.

TUS, POB, Hogso (and some on topic dwellers :P ) and probably a few more based on my 606 days and the 606 team (cup winners 08/09, 09/10).

Said this in another thread, but I think I'd enjoy a pint with Pelle

Why does this never come from a lovely girl? ;) I'll be at the car park with Rob & co before the game against liverpool. What happens after the game is anybody's guess, but I think it's a big chance there will be more than one pint. :)

I was posting on the OS board in the late 90's/early 00's. I remember a few from there. Rev, Gazton, Qwrtfdgkhx, BOF (I think) and IIRC Hev was there, but that might be making things up. Anyway I think I forgot my login and actually had a few years without a computer at home. Me and my ex who I lived with then didn't really care enough to get one. Then I joined a swedish forum and met a guy from the called Becker. He showed me this place and the rest is history. Not a very interesting history, but still. :) Never even tried another forum after that. I like this place and it's been taking too much of my time as it is. :)

Lurked for a bit then joined in 2008. Not really contributed much over the years but its a good laugh on off topic most of the time. There's a few I'd like to meet on here and a few with personal vendettas that I wouldn't. On the whole though its been good.

I think that I googled 'Villa message board' when I had something to say in 2006. Unfortunately my first posting didn't make it to the hall of fame ;)

Since then added the odd relevant bit. Left for a while when I was asked not to post during the OGS period (i didn't have he hump, I was just respecting the request)

Now I just dip in and out, particularly enjoying the entertaining political contributors. Although not a leftie myself, i have a liking for some of those of that ilk on here, particularly drat and our long departed revolutionary IanRobo.

I don't use any other forums (fora?) because VT suits me fine.

• Like 1

I think I joined the same time as Risso and co or the day after, but my original screen name seems to have been removed from the members list

• Like 1

This is without a doubt one of the better sporting club fan forums i've come across. I've only been here since 2006, but this is the only forum I was posting on in 2006 that i'm still posting on (occasionally) today. Really well run by mods that understand how much leeway to give, top notch general section (I can't state this enough) and most importantly, great discussion and insights regarding Aston Villa. :cheers:

• Like 2

This is without a doubt one of the better sporting club fan forums i've come across. I've only been here since 2006, but this is the only forum I was posting on in 2006 that i'm still posting on (occasionally) today. Really well run by mods that understand how much leeway to give, top notch general section (I can't state this enough) and most importantly, great discussion and insights regarding Aston Villa. :cheers:

Amen

• Like 1

I joined 6 years ago apparently, it's definitely felt longer than that. Thinking about it now, I'm pretty sure that VT was a major contributing factor of the breakdown of my relationship with my ex. Something I should definitely be thankful for.

• Like 2

I joined shortly after the Beeb announced 606s demised. I then bummed around with some Arsenal fans from the infamous Malmo thread on a couple of other forums before making the leap here. 

4500 posts later it feels like home. 

I love you guys. :wub:

EDIT: WTF? 4.5k posts? 

Edited by Eames

Member since July 2nd 2010...one of the old 606 lot, had the Understudy moniker from those days, actually it was POB who persuaded me to come over to the VT side as 606 was a bit crap, badly run and full of WUMs after a cheap bite, but I liked it.

Met a fair few of people off here, quite a few at the last count, too many to name. Got an infamous reputation of posting, a lot, first person to rack up 10,000 posts in a year I think... also got a reputation for being a part-time stalker, as attested to by Yillan and Hitz, both of whom I successfully found, named and located on Facebook using only their VT posts and my spare time. (Because they challenged me to) Amusingly, finding people is now what I'm paid for. SO all's well that ends well.

Took a bit of a hiatus from here for personal reasons/not being able to log on readily but regularly post again these days.

Got my user nickname from my fastidious and slightly obsessive cricket watching and updating in the 10/11 Ashes Down Under where I triumphantly reported on England's series win.

Only thread of note created was the TTPYO thread, which was from the smouldering bones of the previous one.

^^^Actually Eames I think I persuaded you to join here too (I started that Malmo thread, and the Zulte Waregem one and the Nairn County one..)... sorry everyone.

Edited by theunderstudy

Â