10 years on

David-Copenhagen

Is there some kind of connection between those who run H and V, and VT? Is it the same people running both sites?

Ha ha, not exactly....

The reason I ask is because I remember a few poster's on here writing negative things about Heroes and Villans, and the comments actually got deleted from the topic. With big red writing not to talk about H and V in a bad way. Yet if you had said something negative about the BBC forum for arguments sake, nothing would get said. That's why I was asking if there is a connection between those who run both sites.

Edited by Voinjama

I was in the market for a suburban detached or semidetached dwelling house in the B6 area and wanted to see what others had to say on such a matter. After a few moments I realised my mistake and bought that mug <<< in an attempt to fit in.

I remember when I was about 14/15 when some of us on here used the OS boards (how shit were they!?) the only people I remember from there are Rev (I think his name on here is an abbreviation from what it was on there) and ED (Evildan)

I'm sure there are more from there too, who remembers that guy that went on a huge rant about Thomas Sorensen before the infamous 0-3 game at Newcastle, where Dyer and Bowyer had a fight? He said it was his worst day as a Villa fan and that we'd get trumped :lol:

I remember denjo (dodgyknees), Darryl, Piglex, I believe Bickster was there.

That's me (Sorry Bicks!). I feel oddly emotional to be remembered after so many years. :P

I remember your Lego from the OS, good times. Apart from Bicks banning me a bit.

Edited by Davkaus

Is there some kind of connection between those who run H and V, and VT? Is it the same people running both sites?

Ha ha, not exactly....

The reason I ask is because I remember a few poster's on here writing negative things about Heroes and Villans, and the comments actually got deleted from the topic. With big red writing not to talk about H and V in a bad way. Yet if you had said something negative about the BBC forum for arguments sake, nothing would get said. That's why I was asking if there is a connection between those who run both sites.

We're not really into inter site rivalry, we're Villa fans at the end of the day. I suppose the difference is that 606 was it wasn't a fan site as such it was run (very badly) by the BBC but we'd probably not spotted those posts is all I guess

I was in the market for a suburban detached or semidetached dwelling house in the B6 area and wanted to see what others had to say on such a matter. After a few moments I realised my mistake and bought that mug <<< in an attempt to fit in.

we're not having that, the only detached house in Aston is Aston Hall

• Like 2

I do remember the likes of Denjo, Piglex, Darryl etc now you mention them. Can't believe they're Dodgyknees & Davraus though!

Wasn't Piglex like the Jenny of the OS boards? (a female with a pulse) I think my username was the same on there, I've had it since I was 12.

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

10 glorious years eh?! Did people write 10 years ago that the Villa just needed 2 or 3 quality players and we could really compete and the top, and do you think we will be writing that in another 10 years? The more it changes the more it remains the same.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

I do remember the likes of Denjo, Piglex, Darryl etc now you mention them. Can't believe they're Dodgyknees & Davraus though!

Wasn't Piglex like the Jenny of the OS boards? (a female with a pulse) I think my username was the same on there, I've had it since I was 12.

She was nothing like Jenny irl… nothing… In fact if you were looking at complete opposites it would be them

I think the first version of VillaTalk.com was in April 2002. At that point it was a blog; posts and comments. The message board came later and eventually took over from the blog (as so few people want to write articles). The server went pop in December 2003 and the backups didn't work which is wh so many posters joined on the same day. Nowadays I have enough online servers that I would test backups if we weren't on a hosted service.

I've been running the Villa Mailing List (the original Internet Villans) since about 1994.

• Like 4

I'm here because I got banned from Vital Villa. That said, VT >>> VV.

I'm here because I and 4 others all got banned at the same time from Heroes and Villans for having a difference of opinion to the golden oldie clique. I prefer it here.

I wandered here one fine day when I googled "Aston Villa Message Boards" after growing frustrated with the OS. I love Villa Talk, got me through college, got me onto Dexter when my appendix burst and I started the tv show thread, it used give me this hope when some itk would post, almost won me buckets of money on solskjaer but who cares in Lambert we trust, and now gets me through work every day <3

Â