10 years on

David-Copenhagen

I remember when I was about 14/15 when some of us on here used the OS boards (how shit were they!?) the only people I remember from there are Rev (I think his name on here is an abbreviation from what it was on there) and ED (Evildan)

I'm sure there are more from there too, who remembers that guy that went on a huge rant about Thomas Sorensen before the infamous 0-3 game at Newcastle, where Dyer and Bowyer had a fight? He said it was his worst day as a Villa fan and that we'd get trumped :lol:

I remember denjo (dodgyknees), Darryl, Piglex, I believe Bickster was there.

That's me (Sorry Bicks!). I feel oddly emotional to be remembered after so many years. :P

I remember your Lego from the OS, good times. Apart from Bicks banning me a bit.

Bushtarian Darryl?? no **** way?

David (GC) and I were talking about you the other day!

That's me, I was over there last night after this thread made me feel all nostalgic. I think my last incoming account mail is still from you. :P

Tell him I said hi!

I followed Pete from FTT, which he left due to artistic differences, i.e. he wanted to write informatively about Villa, they wanted clickbait. This was the first forum I ever joined; this whole thing of making up a username was a new concept to me, hence 'Anthony'

I never even realised that there was a forum on the official site.  I posted on H&V, then joined here as well when some of the people from there who I'd got to know in real life like Blandy started posting here.  Over the years, I've been lucky enough to get know the North West VT contingent very well, and consider them amongst my best friends.

• Like 3

I never even realised that there was a forum on the official site.  I posted on H&V, then joined here as well when some of the people from there who I'd got to know in real life like Blandy started posting here.  Over the years, I've been lucky enough to get know the North West VT contingent very well, and consider them amongst my best friends.

don't you also include Stuart the brand Baggs as a friend though :P

Risso and myself are the longest serving active members ,still on original user names that it  ( Hi JC :wave:  )

We joined on the exact same day :wave:

don't you also include Stuart the brand Baggs as a friend though :P

He's been lucky enough to meet me a few times.

Met a few from here, would like to meet Richard (got a book on the Labour party he has requested, loves them apparently) and would also love to meet VillaAjax, Big John, BOF, TheUnderstudy, Trent and a few more whom I will probably think of once post this.

Considering the short time of my stay on VT, I've met a fair few.

TUS, POB, Hogso (and some on topic dwellers :P ) and probably a few more based on my 606 days and the 606 team (cup winners 08/09, 09/10).

Said this in another thread, but I think I'd enjoy a pint with Pelle

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Risso and myself are the longest serving active members ,still on original user names that it  ( Hi JC :wave:  )

Actually if you check the memberlist, my joining date is a whole day before yours on the 14 December, so that makes me the official longest serving VT member!

For an inveterate lurker like me, it's somewhat odd to think that there are actually real people behind those usernames who one could interact with outside the confines of VT.

And.... Best friends? Ghey! ;)

• Like 1

This thread seems the perfect place to reveal I am actually limpid from ten years in the future, sent back to oversee a certain moment on this forum that will change history forever.

It hasn't happened yet though so there's still some waiting around to do...

Not much else happens in the following ten years to be honest. Don't get me wrong there are some funny moments here on the best forum for the two-time European cup winners but nothing as big as this moment I've been sent back to oversee.

I lurked on here for a long time, I didn't post as it was always difficult to type whilst furiously masturbating. I taught myself to press 'post' with my tongue and thankfully Jesus rewarded me with a wooden keyring in the shape of a cock, from the Greek island of Lesbos.

For an inveterate lurker like me, it's somewhat odd to think that there are actually real people behind those usernames who one could interact with outside the confines of VT.

When I say 'best' I really meant 'only'!

• Like 1

When I say 'best' I really meant 'only'!

My comment was only ever borne out of jealousy. ;)

10 years ago I hadn't been that long starting my forum 'career' on dothack, IntlCup and FFAC/LastFF - basically various nerdy/punker sites. I used to talk about football on various forums, but never on an actual football dedicated one. Until the villa page on 606. I didn't hang around long there before starting here. Having lurked for some time I started either just before, or just after MON resigned.

Â