10 years on

David-Copenhagen

I remember when I was about 14/15 when some of us on here used the OS boards (how shit were they!?) the only people I remember from there are Rev (I think his name on here is an abbreviation from what it was on there) and ED (Evildan)

I'm sure there are more from there too, who remembers that guy that went on a huge rant about Thomas Sorensen before the infamous 0-3 game at Newcastle, where Dyer and Bowyer had a fight? He said it was his worst day as a Villa fan and that we'd get trumped :lol:

Who were you on there?

VT consisted of basically what is the front page now.  People posted larger articles and postings in that format

The message board (of what is now VT today) was created out of that in order to "shoot the breeze" as one current or should I say former member told me at the time when I first found it in testing and asked what it was about.

Many times flirted with other sites,  but you never forget your first do you.  Others just do not compare in look or feel.

Just had a look at the wayback machine. Makes for interesting reading looking at the site back in 2002. Earliest sighting of VT was 3rd June 2002.

Edited by choffer

I remember when I was about 14/15 when some of us on here used the OS boards (how shit were they!?) the only people I remember from there are Rev (I think his name on here is an abbreviation from what it was on there) and ED (Evildan)

I'm sure there are more from there too, who remembers that guy that went on a huge rant about Thomas Sorensen before the infamous 0-3 game at Newcastle, where Dyer and Bowyer had a fight? He said it was his worst day as a Villa fan and that we'd get trumped :lol:

I remember denjo (dodgyknees), Darryl, Piglex, I believe Bickster was there.

I did sign up to VT a couple of years before I started this account but lost my details and had to sign up again.

16092008053.jpg

• Like 1

Actually if you look back into history there are references of villa talk dating back to the 1700s, a secret club in the hamlet of Birmingham called the "the villanius talketh club" where those chosen to join spoke about things that jolly well annoyed them, a game of footnall was proposed by one member and some even spoke of being sucked off by a dog.

This is true. I was a member. 

Originally formed by Peter Bosworth. Older than 10 years and nothing to do with any breakaway from a "HV". I remember Peter's old blog site (like a primitive version of the Vital network with more than one club represented) and I remember following him over to this place when he decided to go it alone.

Now if we can just get it from the horse's mouth...

I came from "the terraces" as well. Been lurking ever since. ;)

Yep I was a mod on the OS too, I even went back at one point after I drifted away just to ban another mod (Suretow). I'm sure Denjo begged me to do it :mrgreen:

Ah, I remember the name Suretow...

jpa.jpg

10 years on and no more Villa Lego

well I have a date of early 2004 as my joining, but I was here for a good year before that, can't remember what happened to my original use account but I think I came over from here after reading some of peter's stuff on his blog and conversing with him about Doug Ellis and the possible psychology of the man, don't think I was here from the very start but Bicks and Denjo were pretty new here also when I did arrive.

Browsed a few other Villa sites, but VT is really the dogs, others aint close.

And not just the best Villa forum, either. I've looked at other club forums, and nothing comes close to VT

• Like 1

Who were you on there?

I remember it fondly, it's like your first sexual encounter. No-one forgets their first forum

• Like 2

Â