10 years on

David-Copenhagen

As some people on here might remember it is now almost 10 years since Villatalk was started as a breakout from HV. Are the mods planing or should we all try to think of a way to mark the occasion? 

Should have been "10 years on" - sorry about that :-)

BOF : Fixeded ;)

Edited by BOF

I may be mistaken, but am I right in saying it was formed on my Birthday (15th December)

I just remember back when our join dates were displayed under our avatars that LOADS of people had 15th December on them.

Thought it was longer than that. Well done VillaTalk.

Same here, could have sworn it had been around since before 2003.  I expect John Cresswell or Simon Bonnick can elaborate.

edit: could it not be the case that there was a change of software in 2003 that set everybody's joined date to Dec 2003?

Edited by Risso

Originally formed by Peter Bosworth. Older than 10 years and nothing to do with any breakaway from a "HV". I remember Peter's old blog site (like a primitive version of the Vital network with more than one club represented) and I remember following him over to this place when he decided to go it alone.

Now if we can just get it from the horse's mouth...

I remember when I was about 14/15 when some of us on here used the OS boards (how shit were they!?) the only people I remember from there are Rev (I think his name on here is an abbreviation from what it was on there) and ED (Evildan)

I'm sure there are more from there too, who remembers that guy that went on a huge rant about Thomas Sorensen before the infamous 0-3 game at Newcastle, where Dyer and Bowyer had a fight? He said it was his worst day as a Villa fan and that we'd get trumped :lol:

• Like 1

That really is scary.. I joined about 2003 (the thing shows 2004 but i think that was when the database was updated or refreshed or zapped or some such magic) TEN YEARS wow.. I need to read more books

I remember Peter's old blog site (like a primitive version of the Vital network with more than one club represented) and I remember following him over to this place when he decided to go it alone.

"Fromtheterrace"

• Like 1

I remember Peter's old blog site (like a primitive version of the Vital network with more than one club represented) and I remember following him over to this place when he decided to go it alone.

"Fromtheterrace"

Ah yes, that's the one. 'FTT'.

Â