10 years on

David-Copenhagen

I'm still here, like a fart in a lift.  Was part of VT prior to December 2003 and made the transition with it.  Former Mod, now mostly lurk about and tut.

It's been a great 10 years.  We've gone from Hassan Kachloul to Stephen Ireland via Moustapha Salifou.  We still need a number 10...

One of the mass exodus from the official boards. Trying to think how many of us there were, me, Bicks, ED, Dodgyknees, Laura, Paddy, Juju and Ahammad are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There were loads more though.

Edited by The_Rev

The server went pop in December 2003 and the backups didn't work which is wh so many posters joined on the same day. 

Ah! This is probably what I was talking about in my first post when I said I remember everyone had a joining date of my birthday.

Anyway, I've been a member since early 2007 I think. Can't remember how I found it. think it just popped up as I was trawling through endless speculation during the January transfer window.

Took me about a month to make my first post though. You Scary!

Edited by Stevo985

One of the mass exodus from the official boards. Trying to think how many of us there were, me, Bicks, ED, Dodgyknees, Laura, Paddy, Juju and Ahammad are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There were loads more though.

And most of those ended up playing Warcraft thanks to you!

And most of those ended up playing

Warcraft thanks to you!

WTB 2 years of my life back

Warcraft thanks to you!

If you tell me you've laughed as hard in real life as that time me, you and Tarj tried to kill that elite flightmaster when we first started playing, I'll give you a shiny pound!

Edited by Risso
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly there have been three versions of VT.

On the original one me and Richard were having a race to 1000 posts, think I won. Then the software cahnged and we all went back to zero.

Had to change my account in 2007, so have been here since the start in one guise or another

Warcraft thanks to you!

It was great fun but it didnt half leave me skint, I rarely got in my car to work :mrgreen:

Yep I was a mod on the OS too, I even went back at one point after I drifted away just to ban another mod (Suretow). I'm sure Denjo begged me to do it :mrgreen:

confirmed!

The guy flipped over it, hilarious!

I remember when I was about 14/15 when some of us on here used the OS boards (how shit were they!?) the only people I remember from there are Rev (I think his name on here is an abbreviation from what it was on there) and ED (Evildan)

I'm sure there are more from there too, who remembers that guy that went on a huge rant about Thomas Sorensen before the infamous 0-3 game at Newcastle, where Dyer and Bowyer had a fight? He said it was his worst day as a Villa fan and that we'd get trumped :lol:

I remember denjo (dodgyknees), Darryl, Piglex, I believe Bickster was there.

That's me (Sorry Bicks!). I feel oddly emotional to be remembered after so many years. :P

I remember your Lego from the OS, good times. Apart from Bicks banning me a bit.

Bushtarian Darryl?? no **** way?

David (GC) and I were talking about you the other day!

To be fair, I became a bit of a dick on the official forum. This (VT) is the best one around and I will donate again as soon as I have paid for my course. 

So busy right now, from writing for the Bestival supplement for the local paper, to litter picking at a festival tonight. 

The high life!

Risso and myself are the longest serving active members ,still on original user names that it  ( Hi JC :wave:  )

Funny that is true. I actually joined that day as well, but wanted another name so made a new profile Dec 23 :-) - still in top 10 of members using original names. 

Originally formed by Peter Bosworth. Older than 10 years and nothing to do with any breakaway from a "HV". I remember Peter's old blog site (like a primitive version of the Vital network with more than one club represented) and I remember following him over to this place when he decided to go it alone.

Now if we can just get it from the horse's mouth...

You might be right about the time, but AIR it was a semi breakaway from HV because I remember being on there and then changing to VT at the same time a lot of other did as well. I think I remember PB writing something about it as well, but maybe my memory fails me. 

I came across to VT from FTT with our esteemed founder, Lord Peter of Bosworth. I believe it was Bozzy and Si (Limpid) who set this place up, but Bozzy has since taken a back seat and retired into the background, still posting very occassionally.

I think I was here at inception, give or take a few hours

I joined fairly early in the extant recorded history of VT (i.e. after the December, 2003 database crash; before that is shrouded in the mists of prehistory passed down as VT's oral tradition)... in the third month of the modern VT era.

I daresay it was VT that ultimately made me a Villa fan.

• Like 1

Â