Manchester United

BOF

11 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

So many key decisions go their way.

The turd that just won't flush.

They're very likely to finish 8th or 9th now. Surely that's humiliation enough as that would be their lowest finish since the mid 1980s.

Can also see Man. City beating them more comfortably in the cup final than last year, probably a 3-0 or 4-1 job.

• Like 1

I noticed that Onana got booked in the shootout, and the commentator said he wouldn't be suspended for the final.  Any reason why Martinez has been in that case?

Starting to think Ten Haag is trolling now, said the great United team have never got to 2 finals in a row but just 3 in 10 years😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I noticed that Onana got booked in the shootout, and the commentator said he wouldn't be suspended for the final.  Any reason why Martinez has been in that case?

I think I saw it discussed somewhere else on here. FA rules and UEFA rules being slightly different was the answer.

Just now, duke313 said:

Different competition, different rules.

Mourinho has come out and said is some players still at United that he wanted rid of 5 years ago. Am guessing Shaw is one of them, probably Martial

Shows how bad the club has been ran that them two have been at United nearly a decade

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mourinho has come out and said is some players still at United that he wanted rid of 5 years ago. Am guessing Shaw is one of them, probably Martial

Shows how bad the club has been ran that them two have been at United nearly a decade

Off the top of my head there's Shaw, Lindelof, Martial, Rashford 

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I do kind of agree, but I also think you have to DO something to give you the right to do that.

Anthony did **** all. He didn't even take a penalty. And he's giving it large 

It's not that he shouldn't do it, it's just really really cringe that he did

I've had it pointed out that Anthony didn't just do nothing, it was actually 3-0 when he came on :D 

So he's helped throw away a 3 goal lead, scraped through on a penalty shoot out in which he didn't contribute, and then given it large to a team a division below

What a word removed

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Like Shaw isn’t a bad left back at all. Most United fans would say he’s one of their better players.

Injured again this year (he is obviously injury prone) but last year he was very good in my opinion.

He’s England’s best LB - so not sure why it’s a massive issue / a reflection on how bad United have been run.

They’ve clearly been run horrendously - but it’s more their record signings, than being unable to get rid of Shaw/Martial. 

Pogba £105m, Anthony £95m, Maguire £87m, Sancho £85m, Lukaku £85m, Di Maria £75m, Casemiro £70m, Mount £65m…

Of their signings £50m+, only really Bruno (and potentially Hojlund) are worth what they paid.

Compare that to Man City or Liverpool’s ‘big’ signings. Where it is near 80%-90% hit rates.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Like Shaw isn’t a bad left back at all. Most United fans would say he’s one of their better players.

Injured again this year (he is obviously injury prone) but last year he was very good in my opinion.

He’s England’s best LB - so not sure why it’s a massive issue / a reflection on how bad United have been run.

They’ve clearly been run horrendously - but it’s more their record signings, than being unable to get rid of Shaw/Martial. 

Pogba £105m, Anthony £95m, Maguire £87m, Sancho £85m, Lukaku £85m, Di Maria £75m, Casemiro £70m, Mount £65m…

Of their signings £50m+, only really Bruno (and potentially Hojlund) are worth what they paid.

Compare that to Man City or Liverpool’s ‘big’ signings. Where it is near 80%-90% hit rates.

That sort of spending on dross should see them facing bankruptcy or being well in the bottom half ala Everton.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I think Shaw is not a top 10 standard left back, all he does is kick people and get away with it from refs. Defensively clumsy

20 hours ago, duke313 said:

Regardless of the competition, the only way to miss a Final is if you are sent off in the Semi-final (or the second leg of the semi final if its a two-legged affair).

All football associations changed it when there was uproar about players missing finals because they accrued too many yellow cards throughout a tournament. Seemed like an unfair punishment so Fifa revised the world cup rules, and FA/Uefa either followed suit or were already set up that way.

Onana playing doesn't exactly help then in the final anyway, I fully expect City to hammer them.

I really, really want them to keep ETH and get relegated next season before going bankrupt and ceasing to exist forever. 

The Glazers then bulldoze Old Trafford and build a Center Parks or something equally as shit.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I really, really want them to keep ETH and get relegated next season before going bankrupt and ceasing to exist forever. 

The Glazers then bulldoze Old Trafford and build a Center Parks or something equally as shit.

His reaction to the "reaction to" their semi final win is really small time. Moaning about people not recognising their achievement. Their achievement with the only victory of note coming against Liverpool in the Quarters in one of the 3 games where they've actually made any effort this season. Struggling to beat Newport and Coventry isn't exactly what Man United should be beating their chest about.

They've fallen so much, and although I don't think ETH is to blame,  I don't think he's the man to elevate them. They're toxic throughout,  and it's brilliant to see.

Relegation would be lovely, but sadly can't see it happening, they make too much money.

• Like 3

Â