Manchester United

BOF

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Was it small time for Martinez to shush Lille fans and dance in front of them or was that OK?

It's all the same stuff.

Did the Coventry fans pelt him with bottles and what not the whole game?

• Like 4

Just now, sne said:

Did the Coventry fans pelt him with bottles and what not the whole game?

What?  We're not on about Coventry fans - Genie is referring to Fernandes mouthing off at the Coventry keeper.  I said he probably gave some verbals to Fernandes - it's what happens and is "fine" IMO.

The Martinez reference is that he got verbals from the Lille fans and then gave it back; again I'm OK with that.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lille be a similar level club to us, if he did it against a team like Mostar or Hibs be different

If you're getting abuse/verbals, you have every right to give it back.  Doesn't matter on the level that the club is at - that's nonsense to be honest.

(Although FWIW, I'd say Coventry are on a similar level to Man Utd).

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you're getting abuse/verbals, you have every right to give it back. 

No you don’t, not as a professional footballer. You suck it up and act professionally.

Emi could have lost us the game by getting sent off. He could have also started a riot or violence with his behaviour. 

It was unacceptable and does not reflect well on Villa as a club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

No you don’t, not as a professional footballer. You suck it up and act professionally.

Emi could have lost us the game by getting sent off. He could have also started a riot or violence with his behaviour. 

There's a fine line I think. The dancing and celebrating was ok with me; Emi had been getting all sorts of abuse continually throughout the game. It was also a bad idea to have the penalties in front of the Lille ultras given how they'd behaved too.

Emi was also celebrating getting to a Euro semi final. Anthony was giving stick to Cov fans who haven't played on this stage for a long while (FA Cup semi final, not Wembley) and may never get here again given the nature of modern football. Anthony didn't play particularly well either, so that sticks in the throat. Emi saved two penalties to put us through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The dancing and celebrating was ok with me

I see it as unnecessary antagonising which as I said could have cost us if he’d been sent off, or caused an issue in the ground for supporters. 

I’d say that was worse than what Antony / Rat Face did personally but I expect I am in the minority in this board.

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

3-3 after playing for 120 minutes suggests you're right!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

I see it as unnecessary antagonising which as I said could have cost us if he’d been sent off, or caused an issue in the ground for supporters. 

I’d say that was worse than what Antony / Rat Face did personally but I expect I am in the minority in this board.

Funny the double standards that exist between GKs celebrating and a goalscorer celebrating isn’t it.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

I understand where you're coming from, I agree that it was unprofessional that Emi went to the extremes he did. The result and the team is more important than settling a score. I just think where we differ is that what he did was more understandable than what Anthony did. Emi had been abused all game. It's not as if Coventry have targeted Anthony because of his behavior in a previous game or incident.

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you're getting abuse/verbals, you have every right to give it back.  Doesn't matter on the level that the club is at - that's nonsense to be honest.

but you have to remember of course, it depends on how you choose to give it back 🤣

Sloth - part one | Soccer | The Guardian

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I do kind of agree, but I also think you have to DO something to give you the right to do that.

Anthony did **** all. He didn't even take a penalty. And he's giving it large 

It's not that he shouldn't do it, it's just really really cringe that he did

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Nah not having that.  They say there's too few characters in the game.

Gave us one of the most memorable nights ever.  Love Emi.

• Like 4

Jammiest team I have ever seen.

How they keep getting the rub of the green is insane.

They say it evens out over a season but there is no way it's been evened out in their case

Just on the Antony thing, leaving out whether it's disrespectful or not, from a purely practical point of view it's incredibly stupid as he's now probably scuppered one of his few potential moves he's got this summer as Coventry won't buy him now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

So many key decisions go their way.

The turd that just won't flush.

I was a little surprised with the late Coventry pen. It wasn’t massively different to the one not given against City. I was expecting it to be cancelled.

Edited by Genie

Â