Manchester United

BOF

9 hours ago, Pottervillan said:

Are you telling me there won't be queues around the block to take the hard working Rashford off them. Have you not seen the effort the guy puts in 1 game out of 20?

Seeing as that 1 in 20 is always against us, let's sign him to stop it 🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair who else is there worth keeping? Maybe dalot, surprised by Fernandes 

The bigger worry should be who do they think is going to buy them

They're absolutely not going to sell Fernandes, I simply don't believe that. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Imagine how bad he’ll be at his next club? 

I could actually see him doing really well at Arsenal or Spurs, they would play to his strength's, quick transitions to the wingers.  He's been poor this season, but he did get 39 G+A last season in all comps, and 34 G+A in 20-21 season.

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I could actually see him doing really well at Arsenal or Spurs, they would play to his strength's, quick transitions to the wingers.  He's been poor this season, but he did get 39 G+A last season in all comps, and 34 G+A in 20-21 season.

It’s a tricky one, if it was a bit of a sideways/upwards move to someone like Arsenal or PSG then he might go into it with a point to prove, initially at least.

If he comes down a tier (in terms of club stature) to a team like Villa or Newcastle or their overseas equivalent then he’ll stink the place out and bleed them of money.

I wouldn’t go near him.

This is why they will struggle to get back to the very top. So many leaks. Someone says something to someone and the next day its in the papers. That kind of leak should never be heard in public. I hope a load of them dig their heels in and take the money . 

Who's going to buy them

. Rashford 4 years left on contract 300,000 a week

Varane 340 1_year 

Casimeiro 340 2 years

Mason Mount 250 4 years

Anthony 200 , 3 years

no one in the top 5 in the premiere league would want them. So that would only leave Chelsea and they have psr all over them or the breakaway teams. Apart from PSG and Madrid they're all broke. 

Madrid wouldn't want any of them. So that leaves PSG.

it those guys don't come calling, United are going to have to accept stupidly low offers and convince the players to take a pay cut.

• Like 1

The baffling thing about Man United is we think almost all of their players are shit, and that their manager is a clown, but they're only two places below us :D 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, colhint said:

Who's going to buy them

. Rashford 4 years left on contract 300,000 a week

Varane 340 1_year 

Casimeiro 340 2 years

Mason Mount 250 4 years

Anthony 200 , 3 years

no one in the top 5 in the premiere league would want them. So that would only leave Chelsea and they have psr all over them or the breakaway teams. Apart from PSG and Madrid they're all broke. 

Madrid wouldn't want any of them. So that leaves PSG.

it those guys don't come calling, United are going to have to accept stupidly low offers and convince the players to take a pay cut.

I'm sure they'll be trying to ship as manay as they can to Saudi Arabia, the likes of Casemiro, Antony probably.  The player wanting to go there is another matter, a lot of zeros might help.

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The baffling thing about Man United is we think almost all of their players are shit, and that their manager is a clown, but they're only two places below us :D 

I think it's because they're poor in relation to how they see themselves, how they're presented by the media, and in relation to the teams they've had in most people's recent memory. They were the most dominant English team of the 90's and 00's. Also because of the eye test; they've got more points out of a lot of games than they should have because of dodgy reffing (also VAR) or poor finishing from the opposition.

Edited by Jonesy7211
autocorrect

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As bad as United have been since Fergie left by their standards, they've not finished lower than 7th.

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm sure they'll be trying to ship as manay as they can to Saudi Arabia, the likes of Casemiro, Antony probably.  The player wanting to go there is another matter, a lot of zeros might help.

If Anthony goes he's 24 and writing off his Brazil career 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I have a strong feeling they will do a Chelsea. 2 years of fighting for top 10 will do them good! 

If by that you mean try and hoover up a ton of young talent while at the same time big unable to avoid the temptation of daft look at us a big club still competing style transfers then yep I can 100% see it

They always seem capable of developing youngsters no matter wh, they should be shopping for the world's best teenagers and building again from scratch 

2 minutes ago, colhint said:

If Anthony goes he's 24 and writing off his Brazil career 

Not sure that matters as much to the Brazil national team, there is plenty of Brazilian players in Saudi getting calls for the national team.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It's a weird one.  Fernandes and Garnacho are very good players, Mainoo may become good.  Then you have a load of... sort of good-but-why-would-you-buy-them players like Wan-Bissaka, Martinez, Mount, Hojlund maybe Rashford, Dalot and Onana.  An argument for Antony here too, but I'm not sure he's that good.  Then you've got a whole heap of older, very expensive and no longer good players like Casemiro, Maguire, Varane, Shaw, Eriksen, Evans, Lindelof, Martial.

The "rebuild" there is insane, really.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It's a weird one.  Fernandes and Garnacho are very good players, Mainoo may become good.  Then you have a load of... sort of good-but-why-would-you-buy-them players like Wan-Bissaka, Martinez, Mount, Hojlund maybe Rashford, Dalot and Onana.  An argument for Antony here too, but I'm not sure he's that good.  Then you've got a whole heap of older, very expensive and no longer good players like Casemiro, Maguire, Varane, Shaw, Eriksen, Evans, Lindelof, Martial.

The "rebuild" there is insane, really.  

Rebuild will be also hampered by a deluded fanbase and the impatient United media cheerleaders like Neville and Ferdinand who think should be fighting for titles

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rebuild will be also hampered by a deluded fanbase and the impatient United media cheerleaders like Neville and Ferdinand who think should be fighting for titles

I think more theyve been deluded themselves, they've bought players for numbers and wages to try and give the impression that they're still competing 

Maguire, England's first choice CB they go and get him for a number no sane club would touch, alexis sanchez, Sancho, Anthony, Ronaldo going back, the big names of casemiro and varane they can get whoever they want but in reality they're all signings of a club lying to themselves and their fans that they're still a top team

The very best players are not going to man utd 

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think that their players are shit.

I just think they are shit when the play for Man Utd.

That clubs needs a serious overhaul which it looks like they are going to get now.

Edited by MarkLillis

Sky Sports Football are leading with an opportunity to vote for who should be sold or not. Subbing out transfer strategy to Sky is an interesting way to run the club, I’ll give them that ;)

Also shows a table with Ten Hag in third for united manager best win ratio. I’m definitely voting him out… and Maguire to stay as captain… ready for Southgate..

Â