Manchester United

BOF

I am confused about the 25% stake and suggestion he will come in and renovate the stadium (worse than every PL stadium other than Luton) and increase capacity, upgrade the worst training ground of the top 14 clubs and make loads of money for transfers available. Why would he do that? All he would be doing is massively increasing the glazers share value without them spending any money (because they won’t spend theirs  or utd’s money in facilities otherwise they would have already done so) while yes maybe increase a bit of his own share value but at a great cost while also making the potential future shares he might try and buy far more expensive. He would be better off running it all into the ground then buying cheap and building but I don’t think the glazers will sell while they can still take money out without doing anything.

also the Utd fans should have a word with there self entitled brains when it comes to transfers. They have spent a fortune on players under the glazers it’s just that they signed players like Anthony who is rubbish for crazy money or sancho without checking his mental state or paying huge wages to washed up players Real Madrid want to shift on. Most clubs would only dream of those transfer budgets, they just spent it very badly 

20 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I am confused about the 25% stake and suggestion he will come in and renovate the stadium (worse than every PL stadium other than Luton) and increase capacity, upgrade the worst training ground of the top 14 clubs and make loads of money for transfers available. Why would he do that? All he would be doing is massively increasing the glazers share value without them spending any money (because they won’t spend theirs  or utd’s money in facilities otherwise they would have already done so) while yes maybe increase a bit of his own share value but at a great cost while also making the potential future shares he might try and buy far more expensive. He would be better off running it all into the ground then buying cheap and building but I don’t think the glazers will sell while they can still take money out without doing anything.

also the Utd fans should have a word with there self entitled brains when it comes to transfers. They have spent a fortune on players under the glazers it’s just that they signed players like Anthony who is rubbish for crazy money or sancho without checking his mental state or paying huge wages to washed up players Real Madrid want to shift on. Most clubs would only dream of those transfer budgets, they just spent it very badly 

Only way I could see the Radcliffe deal making sense is if there's an agreement that it's an initial 25% and a staggered sale of shares to at least a controlling  percentage at some point.

However, as one financial expert said on Talksport yesterday, there is a feeling that the Glazers won't sell any of their existing shares, but generate more share stock to sell To Radcliffe and Ineos, thus they keep their current share stock and get money for new stock instead.

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Martinez
Dalot - Varane - Mings - Shaw
Luiz - Casemiro
Diaby - Bruno - Rashford
Watkins

Was thinking how many of our players would get into their team, shows how far we've come the last few years.

Cash is better than Dalot. His ball watching is so bad

On 17/10/2023 at 11:51, stewiek2 said:

Only way I could see the Radcliffe deal making sense is if there's an agreement that it's an initial 25% and a staggered sale of shares to at least a controlling  percentage at some point.

However, as one financial expert said on Talksport yesterday, there is a feeling that the Glazers won't sell any of their existing shares, but generate more share stock to sell To Radcliffe and Ineos, thus they keep their current share stock and get money for new stock instead.

Wouldn't that just dilute their stake though? Still has the same effect of someone else owning a higher percentage of the club.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

It was a 50/50 for RB, just went with Dalot, I don't think he's that bad lol

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Cash is better than Dalot. His ball watching is so bad

I'd probably have Moreno over Shaw as well. 

Theres also barely anything between Torres and Varane, with Torres having the benefit that he's getting better, not worse at this stage of his career. 

You could argue Hojlund is going to be better than Watkins at some stage.

Basically though, I would laugh in the face of anyone that questioned whether we would swap teams with them. We've definitely come a very long way in a relatively short space of time.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They are so bad. I'm pretty confident we'll finish above them for the first time in my lifetime.

Fluked their way to another win, but it's papering over the cracks. They played counter attacking football against the bottom team in the league who have 1 point after 9 games! Must have been terrified of Maguire and Evans getting caught on the break I guess. Felt sorry for Cam Archer, btw. Thought he played well and didn't deserve to be on the losing side. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

Using a gorilla 🦍 emoji to praise your black goalkeeper. Not the best idea, especially when you're from a notoriously racist country. 

And this is part of the problem with these kids coming in to massive clubs at such a young age and being paid huge sums of money. I’m sure some highly rated 12-year old is on £5k / week already just to ensure he stays at United.

Garnacho was at Atletico Madrid at 11, then joined United at 16. Can’t imagine he was earning minimum wage for the privilege.

These kids, like Greenwood, are so far removed from the real world that they have no idea what is right and wrong and they can feel like they can do whatever they want.

I’m not excusing what they’re doing, but you feel like there is a duty of care somewhere down the line that is potentially being ignored as these kids are seen as assets instead of impressionable young men.

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

Using a gorilla 🦍 emoji to praise your black goalkeeper. Not the best idea, especially when you're from a notoriously racist country. 

It's sad. In Argentina they use terms like "blackie" and "Black monkey" very casually to the point that the people who say it truly do not think it's racist.

Would Garnacho have used two gorillas on a Twitter post about De Gea? Doubt it.

The post is dripping in idiotic racism. Onana's heart probably sunk when he saw the post but is probably trying to just make the whole thing go away by downplaying it.

Â