Manchester United

BOF

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Sancho was fined countless times at Dortmund for turning up late, breaking team rules and so on. He was even left out of the squad for a period due to it.

Shows how much I know. Was he ever labelled a poor trainer though? I think that's the crux of this stand off with Ten Haag, and the accusation he took umbrage with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't buy it. Never heard of anything of the sort when he was at Dortmund at a much younger age. I think Ten Haag is being stubborn and trying to exert his authority on the squad.

He had a bit of a reputation for his attitude at City as well - when he decided he needed to move, stopped turning up for training and didn't bother much when he was there. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Genie said:

Under SAF Mctominay would have played first team for 6 months before being sold to Everton or Leicester. Now he’s too important to let go. Says so much.

Not sure, he kept the likes of O'Shea for years so I think being a local kid coming through their academy he'd have been kept around under Fergie. Darren Fletcher also struggled to impose himself until he had a really good season in 08/09.

Man. United have loads of problems in central midfield currently. Eriksen can still do o.k v low block teams but against any midfield that can actually run he struggles. Casemiro looks completely done already so he'll be playing in the Saudi league this time next year, interested how long before he gets dropped as he's costing them goals regularly. Mount can't do what is required as an 8 either.

Shows the advantage we have in Kamara-Luiz-McGinn being settled as a combination for last 12 months and biggest debate is whether Youri Tielemans is any good or not.

That's one of the reasons I think we'll finish above them this season.

Edited by VillaChris

That's the attitude you want from what is supposed to be one of your senior players. No mention of fighting for his place or getting back into the first team or playing better. Nope, play me or I'll throw a strop and leave.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Rejects a move to another PL side in the summer, starts complain about lack of game time in October.

IMG-1777.jpg

Chat about things..... hmm. It will probably go something like this: 'So, boss, would you rather have feet for hands or hands for feet?'

• Haha 3

Harry Maguire has defended his Manchester United record by insisting his win percentage is "ridiculously high" but admitted he could leave the club in January if he struggles to break back into the first team.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/38632847/maguire-defends-man-united-record-my-win-percentage-ridiculous

He's a straight up weirdo 

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

The absolute cheek to be as shit as he has been and then complain about game time.

I think you may have forgotten he got a brilliant assist in his last match??????

Spoiler

(I kind of wouldn't be surprised if that's literally what's motivated this outburst TBH)

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Rejects a move to another PL side in the summer, starts complain about lack of game time in October.

IMG-1777.jpg

"Myself and the club". The classic use of "myself" is a sign of someone trying to sound intelligent that isn't. 

He's definitely an idiot. But the failure to move to West Ham may not entirely be on him. I suspect it was, but we don't know.

He's lucky any PL club even wanted him. Even luckier that Man Utd still occasionally choose to play him. His delusion isn't helped by Southgate constantly picking him for England.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

"Myself and the club". The classic use of "myself" is a sign of someone trying to sound intelligent that isn't. 

He's definitely an idiot. But the failure to move to West Ham may not entirely be on him. I suspect it was, but we don't know.

He's lucky any PL club even wanted him. Even luckier that Man Utd still occasionally choose to play him. His delusion isn't helped by Southgate constantly picking him for England.

No doubt there was a gulf between what he’s on and what WH were offering and he wanted compensating. His stock has dropped further since then so he might find even fewer options in January.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

No doubt there was a gulf between what he’s on and what WH were offering and he wanted compensating. His stock has dropped further since then so he might find even fewer options in January.

He wanted a £6m loyalty payment from man utd. to leave if rumours are to be believed. 

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He wanted a £6m loyalty payment from man utd. to leave if rumours are to be believed. 

the bad news being he'd probably be entitled to that payment if they sold him...

or is that a complete myth? if a player issues a formal transfer request they waive their loyalty payment but if the club sells them they have to make a payment to the player as a parting gift

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

the bad news being he'd probably be entitled to that payment if they sold him...

or is that a complete myth? if a player issues a formal transfer request they waive their loyalty payment but if the club sells them they have to make a payment to the player as a parting gift

He wouldn't have issued a formal transfer request though. Very few players do because then they lose a lot of money and there's no need. Just do a Jadon Sancho and the club have to offload you any way and pay you your loyalty bonus. 

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He wouldn't have issued a formal transfer request though. Very few players do because then they lose a lot of money and there's no need. Just do a Jadon Sancho and the club have to offload you any way and pay you your loyalty bonus. 

thats what i mean, if utd sold him he'd be due £6m 

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think that’s usually the way yes. The player is entitled to a piece of the transfer fee if the club sells them.

What HM probably wanted was the difference between what West Ham were offering him and what MU “owe” him on the remainder of his current contract. That’s probably where this £6m number is from. 

He wanted to have his cake and eat it basically.

• Like 2

They effectively still owe him the terms of the contract they agreed with him.

Pragmatically, the expectation is that the player replaced their previous contract with something better or something they'd rather have or they wont move, and for them to take that up they need to end the contract with the previous club.

So typically something gets agreed between the player and club that is somewhere between the two figures of "their full contractual entitlement" and "nothing".

6m seems a lot but if he's on 120k a week, and got a year left it's basically what they've agreed to pay him. The fact he has 3 years left, he's cutting his entitlement in a third  and probably even more as I suspect hes on a lot more than 120k.

If the salary he's getting is lower, 6m could be the difference between what West ham will pay him and what he would have got at United for the next 3 years

Edited by MrBlack

Â