Manchester United

BOF

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Btw, Hojlund looks a player! Shame about the rest.

Martinez looked like a player. Antony looked like a player. Casemiro just won another CL in the best club in the world.

They are all good players. But as soon as the Manu spirit flows through them, they get progressively worse. 

Hojlund has done nothing special ever in his career. I see comparisons to Haaland, but the player we should compare him to is Mudryk. He is working out better so far, but he will swiftly be brought down to the Man U level. 

Edited by Mic09

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf I just looked it up and he does deny he's a Forest fan. Says his Mum's a United fan and he followed her after his parents split.

God knows why he uses a different name though.

S's and G's?

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Hojlund has done nothing special ever in his career. I see comparisons to Haaland, but the player we should compare him to is Mudryk. He is working out better so far, but he will swiftly be brought down to the Man U level. 

Well, he's compared to Haaland and not Mudryk because he's that kind of forward, not a winger.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Well, he's compared to Haaland and not Mudryk because he's that kind of forward, not a winger.

No, he is compared to Haaland because he is from Scandinavia and because he has a similar name and because he is a striker. Haaland is on another planet. 

Where as a comparison to Mudryk would have been more on point - a player without much of a background in senior/European football gets a big transfer to England for a massive fee. 2 clubs with deep running issues (man u and chelsea) bet many millions on them working out. 

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Btw, Hojlund looks a player! Shame about the rest.

He looked good last night but nothing special beforehand. Maybe it’s the start of something, maybe it was a one off. We’ll have to wait and see.

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

No, he is compared to Haaland because he is from Scandinavia and because he has a similar name and because he is a striker. Haaland is on another planet. 

Where as a comparison to Mudryk would have been more on point - a player without much of a background in senior/European football gets a big transfer to England for a massive fee. 2 clubs with deep running issues (man u and chelsea) bet many millions on them working out. 

But he's not the same type of player as Mudryk - he's not a winger.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

But he's not the same type of player as Mudryk - he's not a winger.

Do you think Hojlund is the same type of a player as Haaland? 

The comparison to Haaland is a lazy journalist cliche. Sure they play the same position. But that's about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Do you think Hojlund is the same type of a player as Haaland? 

The comparison to Haaland is a lazy journalist cliche. Sure they play the same position. But that's about it. 

No but same position - number 9. I need to see more of Hojlund but all I was saying originally was that his goals last night (including the disallowed one) were very easy on the eye.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Lives in Dorridge near Solihull. So the reason why he changed his name is obvious. Wanting to be something he is not. 

Does play up to that he might just be a character. Brent Di Cesare is a glory hunting sad act melt from Dorridge whereas his persona Goldbridge is some 'Man U in the blood' superfan red devil, so much so he's rather sit at home in his pyjamas watching a game rather than actually being there, despite living on Railway Rd or something. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

opposite IMO

they've done insanely well out of man utd, the club being worth less this time next year is only a bad move if they sell the club this time next year, if they don't think the value of the club has peaked and they can sit on them for another 10 or 20 years taking all the cream off before selling for 10bn then happy days for them

i don't think they're motivated sellers, if the numbers are true and these guys are taking circa £100m+ out every year they dont need to sell, utd's worth isn't going to drop that much

That clubs never hitting 10b under glazers

Not a chance in hell. The clubs toxic as ****. Wont be long until rash and bruno leave if they continue sliding down the table

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf I just looked it up and he does deny he's a Forest fan. Says his Mum's a United fan and he followed her after his parents split.

God knows why he uses a different name though.

He used to be a police officer investigating financial fraud and was requested to use an alias for his online persona

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That clubs never hitting 10b under glazers

Not a chance in hell. The clubs toxic as ****. Wont be long until rash and bruno leave if they continue sliding down the table

look at football finances in general, the value of clubs are increasing

as long as the club increases in value at a rate higher than the interest rate they will get on the sales money being sat in their bank then why would they sell? would $5bn in their bank get more interest than the $120m they take out the club per year? would the current growth in football (even without the super league) mean that in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years the club would grow more than the $5bn sat in their bank? 

they are business men and man utd are an asset, I would guess that the answer to both those questions is that owning utd is still better than selling, i would also guess that man utds revenue is actually growing again despite their on the pitch troubles

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

No but same position - number 9. I need to see more of Hojlund but all I was saying originally was that his goals last night (including the disallowed one) were very easy on the eye.

Big, strong, fast, number 9, goalscorer, blonde, scandinavian. Lots of things in common between Haaland and Hojlund.

• Like 1

Â