Manchester United

BOF

Hear me out: what happens if Man U players quietly begin losing all the time? I know, I know. They’re already doing a pretty good job of that.

But what if the fans support players performing at 70% as a ploy to deliberately devalue the club? I understand it would be breach of contract, if proven, but how could you ever prove it?

First Allied Corporation isn’t a consumer brand, so it’s very hard to actually boycott the Glazers. 

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Do the Glazers actually really want to sell? Been offered £5bn and **** people around 

I worked out that their original £750m investment (which they didn't even personally invest obviously) would today be worth £1.5bn, yet they've turned down £5bn.

Greedy mother ****. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I worked out that their original £750m investment (which they didn't even personally invest obviously) would today be worth £1.5bn, yet they've turned down £5bn.

Greedy mother ****. 

They're businessmen, man utd is a business

They take a rumoured £120m out each year for doing more or less nothing, the value of football clubs is not declining it's probably even growing higher than the rate of interest, might as well leave the money as an asset as in the bank

Said before man utd made this bed, they had 2+ decades benefitting from what they are now they've had a decade suffering because of what they are, long may it continue

Also the £5bn bid thing is really misleading, read an article earlier in I think the guardian that said the £5bn bid is actually £3.2bn + the promise to invest £1.8bn in to the club, stadium and local area

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Spurs, owned by Arabs. Now that would be something. 

They won't care, we seen when it comes to winning shit and selling your soul (newcastle for example) as long as they winning trophies and becoming a team competing theie fans will turn a blind eye.

Alot of my friends are spurs ST holders and they said eill take anyone if means levy leaves

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Greedy mother ****. 

How does their total investment compare when you add in money that they've pumped in and take away money they've withdrawn?

I imagine probably fairly similar given they've been taking money out for the last few years. 

They may think they're better off keeping the money in the club rather than selling it on with how much TV rights keep going up, but they'll need to throw some money at some better players next window if they want to continue milking the champions league cow

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

Greedy mother ****. 

Does anyone know how much they take out of the club each year for themselves?

This is where the value is for them. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

But why go through this sham sale then? They've been offered a more than fair deal. They obviously had zero intention to sell. 

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But why go through this sham sale then? They've been offered a more than fair deal. They obviously had zero intention to sell. 

They only agreed to look at offers because of fan pressure. They are making a fortune off the club whist it pays its own loans to increase their equity. I can see why they are in no rush to sell cheap.

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

rumoured to be £120m

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

says who? thats what the qatari buyer and the yellow and green scarvers want you to believe, if it is the £3.2bn that's being reported elsewhere then that puts them at a lower value than chelsea

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

They may think they're better off keeping the money in the club rather than selling it on with how much TV rights keep going up, but they'll need to throw some money at some better players next window if they want to continue milking the champions league cow

they'll need to throw some money at players that aren't shit, they employ someone to do that for them, if they fail again they'll sack him and employ someone else to do that for them, man utd spend more than enough on footballers they just happen to spend it on bad ones, they desperately need a Begiristain

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

rumoured to be £120m

says who? thats what the qatari buyer and the yellow and green scarvers want you to believe, if it is the £3.2bn that's being reported elsewhere then that puts them at a lower value than chelsea

they'll need to throw some money at players that aren't shit, they employ someone to do that for them, if they fail again they'll sack him and employ someone else to do that for them, man utd spend more than enough on footballers they just happen to spend it on bad ones, they desperately need a Begiristain

If the club is paying its debts, paying them £120m a year and still turning a profit with more TV money around the corner I can see why they aren’t interested in selling at a below market value price.

I’d assume any interested parties would have been told the expected price at the start so if the Qatari’s or Jim Radcliffe knew they wouldn’t match it then it’s more like they’re wasting peoples time, not the Glazers.

On 14/10/2023 at 20:34, ender4 said:

The thing is that 1-2 years mid-table won’t have any effect on them.

They are a global money-making machine and nothing will stop that now. They would need 20 years mid-table for other clubs to overtake their annual revenue.

It is happening, it just takes quite a while. Even glory hunting fans don't tend to change their allegiance that easily, but the next generation of glory hunters are coming through after a decade of Man United being comparatively shit. I'm in Nottingham and I see loads of kids with failing parents in Man City and Liverpool shirts. See the odd Chelsea shirt as well. Can't remember the last time I saw a young 'un around here running around in a Man United shirt though. 

Edited by Davkaus

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chelsea were bought for £2.5bn.

The buyers agreed to invest £1.75bn on top to fund the improvements.

£3.2bn for United seems almost reasonable in that context. £5bn not so much

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Chelsea were bought for £2.5bn.

The buyers agreed to invest £1.75bn on top to fund the improvements.

£3.2bn for United seems almost reasonable in that context. £5bn not so much

£4.25b wasn’t it?

I bet Man United turnover and profit is far higher than Chelsea’s.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

£4.25b wasn’t it?

I bet Man United turnover and profit is far higher than Chelsea’s.

That total is made up of the 2 figures I gave. Unites total is higher, and includes a bigger price for the club itself.

• Like 1

So i guess the stadium improvements are not gonna happen either.

The glazers are geniuses 

They make a massive amount now and still remain in control.

Just wonder who qataris buy now. I wonder of arsenal might be tempted to sell up

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So i guess the stadium improvements are not gonna happen either.

The glazers are geniuses 

They make a massive amount now and still remain in control.

Just wonder who qataris buy now. I wonder of arsenal might be tempted to sell up

Maybe but I think it's gone, 3/4 years ago when kroenke went and built his $5bn Palace in LA and disappeared was the time to tempt him, he seems to be back in with arsenal now

Â