Manchester United

BOF

They're still a poor team back to front. If this last gasp win keeps Ten Hag in a job for another month or two (as he'd have been on the brink if they'd lost today) then more the better for us in the long run.

Man. City at home for them next so that should balance out today's win as they will surely score 3 or 4 past this Man. United with their lack of structure.

• Like 1

The egos -- the self-involvement -- the sheer pettiness. Jesus. What a bunch of rocket polishers all around ... really makes me hate football today.

Manchester United will look to offload Jadon Sancho in January if the England forward continues to refuse to apologise to Erik Ten Hag. 

The United manager is refusing to back down in his stand-off with Sancho, who has been banished from the first-team squad since effectively calling Ten Hag a liar after he was dropped from last month’s defeat at Arsenal due to a poor attitude in training.

In addition to allegedly lacklustre efforts on the training ground and persistent lateness Mail Sport has learned that Ten Hag has highlighted Sancho’s influence amongst team-mates as a cause for concern, although this is strongly denied by sources close to the player.

On 07/10/2023 at 17:40, villa4europe said:

Lauding up mctominay epitomises where they are as a club

He's their Hutton

I’ve said the exact same thing, he’s their Hutton, their Gavin Mcann and dare I say it, their John Mcginn. 

Always puts in a shift and loves a tackle even if the quality is sometimes wanting.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve said the exact same thing, he’s their Hutton, their Gavin Mcann and dare I say it, their John Mcginn. 

Always puts in a shift and loves a tackle even if the quality is sometimes wanting.

i'd add that him being regarded as one of their better players is an indication that they as a football club have dropped in quality

hutton when he signed for us wasn't good enough, 7 years later he's one of our better players, said nothing about alan hutton but plenty about aston villa

mctominay is the same

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Under SAF Mctominay would have played first team for 6 months before being sold to Everton or Leicester. Now he’s too important to let go. Says so much.

SAF carried loads of home grown mediocrity in his first 11s. O'Shea, Fletcher, Cleverley, Darren Gibson! Then the likes of Anderson that he signed.

McTominay is exactly there mould. Try hard and be average. Difference being the quality sprinkled around him isn't there these days.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

SAF carried loads of home grown mediocrity in his first 11s. O'Shea, Fletcher, Cleverley, Darren Gibson! Then the likes of Anderson that he signed.

McTominay is exactly there mould. Try hard and be average. Difference being the quality sprinkled around him isn't there these days.

That’s very true. You can carry grafters if there’s quality around them. United don’t have the quality anymore.

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

A loan for Sancho in January would be great, especially if JJ continues having bad luck with injuries.

I don't think he has the attitude emery would be interested in. He'll end up on loan at West ham or galatasaray 

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't think he has the attitude emery would be interested in. He'll end up on loan at West ham or galatasaray 

I don't buy it. Never heard of anything of the sort when he was at Dortmund at a much younger age. I think Ten Haag is being stubborn and trying to exert his authority on the squad.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't buy it. Never heard of anything of the sort when he was at Dortmund at a much younger age. I think Ten Haag is being stubborn and trying to exert his authority on the squad.

Sancho was fined countless times at Dortmund for turning up late, breaking team rules and so on. He was even left out of the squad for a period due to it.

• Like 4

Â