Manchester United

BOF

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isak isn't a bug name though

Bale or Coutinho would be a big name signing and were available and they sensibly said No

Yeah we definitely fecked up for coutinho thats for sure.

They havent really had to though as everything been going right for them.  If things were not going to plan then they may have. Still early days

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Because United are a much bigger club globally, its not even close.

They might be what does that matter if you can buy liverpool for half the price who dont need any work on their stadium and you can spend alot more money in the first team?

Also liverpool are a better footballing team and have a better manager

BBC News yesterday evening became the MUFC website with both the headline and second story both to do with a certain club in Salford. Not like there is much other news going on.The Glazers blatantly  were never going to actually refurbish Old Trafford so whoever buys the club will need to spend a fair amount getting the ground up to date for starters.

Edited by The Fun Factory

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said a big name. Isak is not a big name

Yeah isak isn't the same, he's someone who cost a lot but will develop a bit more and should offer them longevity

They haven't signed a name like city did with robinho where he gave them a huge boost commercially but there was no long term ism about him

Ronaldo would go against everything they've done so far

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ronaldo to Newcastle doesn’t make a lot of sense… unless the owner wants to be able to tell his mates he’s got one of the best ever in his squad.

also be quite dangerous for him but imagine if he went on TV and criticised the Newcastle owners

Him and Piers might be getting an invite to a private audience. Actually this could be a good move

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The_Steve said:

So £65m on Isak wasn’t big?

yikes i forgot they spent 65m on him.....

goes under the radar a bit, but Newcastle have spent what.....270m net over the last 2 seasons?, they cant be far off FFP limits?

We have spent 30m net over the last 2 seasons.

(on transfer fees).

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Pretty interesting timing to put them up for sale now just after Liverpool announced the same. My guess is the Glazers want to give anyone who might have bought Liverpool the chance to buy a much bigger club. Imagine for example if Jim Ratcliff bought Liverpool for a billion and then Man Utd. went up for sale 6 months later. That's a potential bidder you missed out on. 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Pretty interesting timing to put them up for sale now just after Liverpool announced the same. My guess is the Glazers want to give anyone who might have bought Liverpool the chance to buy a much bigger club. Imagine for example if Jim Ratcliff bought Liverpool for a billion and then Man Utd. went up for sale 6 months later. That's a potential bidder you missed out on. 

How do you measure manure being a much bigger club than lpool? Seem pretty similar to me. 

Â