Manchester United

BOF

Found this story interesting on the BBC

I knew Sancho was out the team, didn’t know that he wasn’t even training with the first team. UTD love an expensive flop don’t they? 🤣

Ten Hag describes Sancho as "not fit". 

However, that does not tell the entire story as there is a mental aspect too, which the United boss noticed as Sancho's form and confidence dipped around the September international break despite his goal ratio being significantly better this term than in his first season at the club. 

"Football players aren't robots. No-one is the same and you need an individual approach. We thought that, in co-operation with Jadon, this was the best choice," Ten Hag added.

Sancho recently spent some time in the Netherlands with coaches Ten Hag knows well to try and find the spark that will get his United career back on track.

The United boss says Sancho is now "making progress" and is "ready for the next step" although no timescale has been placed on his return to first-team duties.

With United playing Everton in the FA Cup on Friday before looking ahead to Tuesday's Carabao Cup quarter-final with League One Charlton, the usual glut of January fixtures means squad depth will be tested at Old Trafford.

But Ten Hag wants to make sure Sancho's recovery is right rather than rushed. 

"We have some hurdles to take but I think he's (going) in a good direction," added Ten Hag. "I would be really happy the moment he returns to the squad for team training. That's the next step."

53 minutes ago, av1 said:

Found this story interesting on the BBC

I knew Sancho was out the team, didn’t know that he wasn’t even training with the first team. UTD love an expensive flop don’t they? 🤣

I’m not sure what the story is here, my son said he heard that Sancho was mourning the loss of a best friend but I think that’s almost certainly BS.

I could see why he’s struggling mentally though. Was a star at Dortmund and came to United for big money and big fanfare only to be immediately cast aside due to the arrival of Ronaldo. 

I wonder if he’s pushing for a move out of the circus and he’s not taken we’ll go be told no?

Yeah it's an interesting negotiation angle, they've offered a significantly lower wage but then declared it as company policy rather than make it seem like they're sounding him out for a reduction

Hes not good enough to be the highest paid GK in the world, utd have the highest wage bill in the league probably more because its a bloated squad

But also get those yellow and green scarves out boys!!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You think someone else is offering De Gea more than £200k a week? I'll believe it when I see it

Just like Emi there isnt a top team goalkeeper position open at the moment so he really isnt going anywhere

Thing is though having a bloated squad and huge wage bill doesn't mean shit and doesn't effect them as the whole ffp system means it will never have an impact. It won't translate to penalties, restricted transfer budgets etc. If they want to spend 250 million in Jan they will. 

I think even if DDG takes a 150k reduction to 200k he'd still be vastly overpaid for what he brings to the party nowadays.

He's decent nothing more and certainly not a 200k keeper.

You've had your fun, earned a ridiculous wage for 3 or 4 years? Take 125k or off you go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Where does Oblak go? Is no spots for him either

Neuer is ancient now so thought Bayern was seen as a good bet?

Could see Chelsea coming in for him with their issues with first two so could see Mendy getting loaned out.

Isn't Oblak in last six months of his deal now so that indicates he wants to move on.

Edited by VillaChris

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Neuer is ancient now so thought Bayern was seen as a good bet?

Could see Chelsea coming in for him with their issues with first two so could see Mendy getting loaned out.

Isn't Oblak in last six months of his deal now so that indicates he wants to move on.

He isn't a sweeper keeper though. Bayern will sign somebody like Neuer

Man United have had an amazing run haven’t they.. run of opposition that is

Sheriff, West Ham, Real Sociadad, Us, Fulham, Cadiz, Betis, Burnley, Forest, Wolves, Bournemouth, Everton, Charlton. 

They lost 3 of those games too.

It’ll be interesting to see how they get on against top half sides. If I were ETH I’d want to negotiate a new contract before they play City at the weekend.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2023 at 10:05, gwi1890 said:
Don’t know how the can just legally force De Gea to lower his wages.

Sancho is on £350k a week as well.

A contract is a contract - they can't force a reduction 

Â