Manchester United

BOF

Of all the shit things that have happened in the last few years these getting countless billions to spend to lord it over the league would be the icing on the cake, dreadful.

If it does happen I hope they all do one and join a super league. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tinker said:

join a super league. 

The Premier League is the super league. Soon the bottom team in the premier league will be spending more than Juventus or Bayern on players. If the Saudi's buy Liverpool & Man Utd. the money will go from ridiculous to insane.

• Like 1

Does anyone think 6 billion is surprisingly low? Man U are unfortunately one of the biggest teams in the world, probably top 3 most famous. Considering a consultantcy a friend works for sold part of their environment division to another company for $2 billion, twitter sold for $44 billion I'd have thought it would be about $10 bil at least 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Does anyone think 6 billion is surprisingly low? 

Nope, it's not really a profitable company and your revenues can very volatile. £6 billion is an investment in future TV revenue growth and it's hard to see where that revenue will come from. 

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Nope, it's not really a profitable company and your revenues can very volatile. £6 billion is an investment in future TV revenue growth and it's hard to see where that revenue will come from. 

Try telling the glazers that...

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We can't have the same people owning two clubs in the same division?

Its illegal under UEFA regulations. Lazio and Salernitana had the same owner last season and Salernitana were nearly kicked out of Serie A halfway through it because the owner didnt sell up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tinker said:

Of all the shit things that have happened in the last few years these getting countless billions to spend to lord it over the league would be the icing on the cake, dreadful.

If it does happen I hope they all do one and join a super league. 

In fairness they have spent about a billion in the last decade to slide down the table

• Like 1

I had been thinking given that the Saudis own Newcastle either officially or unofficially who could afford to buy united. I’m not basing this off the cost of buying a business as £6 billion is small fry really in business acquisition terms but more in the purchase cost + running costs + urgently required ground and training complex upgrade vs income return. I get that increasing brand value and potential future sale price might come in to it and the large commercial potential but to me it looks really tricky to make a good value return given the cost of all that’s required and that’s before they even sign a player or add to the crazy wage bill 

Forget Bury, forget Bolton and hundreds of other clubs that have financial issues and gone close to the brink... Is only one fanbase that has genuinely suffered in the last decade or so. I am surprised they havent compared themselves to the suffering around the world

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Forget Bury, forget Bolton and hundreds of other clubs that have financial issues and gone close to the brink... Is only one fanbase that has genuinely suffered in the last decade or so. I am surprised they havent compared themselves to the suffering around the world

He seemed pretty reasonable in the face of some pretty aggressive questioning. I don’t really see an issue with what he’s said, we’d want similar in his position. 

Plastics and glory hunters moaning about the Glazers taking money out of United. 

Guess what United is a business and is run like one suck it up. If you don't like it support someone else. 

Things you love to see. 

21 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Plastics and glory hunters moaning about the Glazers taking money out of United. 

Guess what United is a business and is run like one suck it up. If you don't like it support someone else. 

Things you love to see. 

I guess I don’t really expect a reasonable discussion about other teams fans but would you call the head of the supporters trust a plastic fan? 😂 

Â