Manchester United

BOF

I've always thought of Liverpool as a bigger club than Man Utd in footballing terms but Man Utd bigger commercially and I don't mean that as a compliment, basically Utd seem more like a brand than a football club the whole of football getting like that now but seems United have always been that way. Also I haven't been following the situation but I'm not sure I believe that they're really for sale, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just something their owners have said or implied to keep fans off their back.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I've always thought of Liverpool as a bigger club than Man Utd in footballing terms but Man Utd bigger commercially and I don't mean that as a compliment, basically Utd seem more like a brand than a football club the whole of football getting like that now but seems United have always been that way. Also I haven't been following the situation but I'm not sure I believe that they're really for sale, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just something their owners have said or implied to keep fans off their back.

Talk of £6b - £7b asking price suggests they aren’t really for sale.

Edited by Genie

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Anyone know what happened to their share price since the announcement? I'm guessing such an announcement was just because they ate on the stock exchange

Expecting them to sell off another 10%for a fair few hundred million

Would be interesting from a purely business perspective how much money they've made from utd, incredible purchase for them

• Like 1

Greenwoods trial has been set for November 2023

Not sure what utd are doing or will do over his contract but I doubt he'll be allowed in the building until after the trial, even if he's not guilty that's a long way back (based on the audio recording if that is him it's hard to see him coming back regardless of the verdict)

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Greenwoods trial has been set for November 2023

Not sure what utd are doing or will do over his contract but I doubt he'll be allowed in the building until after the trial, even if he's not guilty that's a long way back (based on the audio recording if that is him it's hard to see him coming back regardless of the verdict)

They should probably pay it up and cut him off. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Saudi state have said they would support a private bid for Utd and Liverpool if a private company were to bid. This could be the end game.

Yeah. A "private" bid. Anyone else believe it wouldn't be just another state owned club? No me neither. 

It would stink to high heaven and back. 

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

Saudi state have said they would support a private bid for Utd and Liverpool if a private company were to bid. This could be the end game.

Well if they do take over the other two, newcastle will be the lowest of the three so thats not good news for them.

But if both those clubs go under saudi ownership meaning three clubs under themthat will be the final nail on coffin. Can see fans leaving in the game in their droves as it should wont have any excitement anymore

Edited by Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well if they do take over the other two, newcastle will be the lowest of the three so thats not good news for them.

But if both those clubs go under saudi ownership meaning three clubs under themthat will be the final nail on coffin. Can see fans leaving in the game in their droves as it should wont have any excitement anymore

Why won't it have any excitement?

City, Liverpool and utd all spending £250m every summer instead of £150m

What would change? Were already there

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Seems reasonable to me seeing that Chelsea sold for £4.5 billion, Liverpool are asking for at least £5 billion, Man Utd are commercially worth a couple of billion more.

50 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Seems reasonable to me seeing that Chelsea sold for £4.5 billion, Liverpool are asking for at least £5 billion, Man Utd are commercially worth a couple of billion more.

makes sense, BUT whoever is buying Manchester United will at somepoint within the next decade complete massive upgrades to Old Trafford or completely build another stadium. I assume they can take the debt for that on, but wouldn't they already have to pay off the debt already owed to others? 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Why won't it have any excitement?

City, Liverpool and utd all spending £250m every summer instead of £150m

What would change? Were already there

Because instead of having one club spending stupid amounts of money you have three, then you have city to add in there too.

So whats the point for clubs like villa arsenal spurs etc

Only way it stays competitive is salary cap, wage cap and teams only allowed x amount of players in their sqiad including reserves and youngsters

Â