Manchester United

BOF

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How are Shaw and Maguire on the Amber list. I bet if they werent English Neville would be slaughtering them weekly

Maguire takes all the criticism but Shaw is a disgrace. Mourinho saw through him very quickly at United and have seen Joe Bennett and Antonio Luna look better left backs

The weird thing about Shaw is that he's capable on his day of being extremely good, but he just doesn't have them often enough to play for a top team and he seems to be someone with a very fragile confidence. i think he'd probably look great if he was playing for Palace or Newcastle, but it's increasingly clear he won't ever be able to hack it consistently at Utd.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

its mad when you then think they've got matic, fred and maguire as ok signings, even cavani downed tools and decided he didnt want to play for them halfway through his stay there, ronaldo too now

bruno fernandes has gone to shit too but no one in the media seems to want to talk about it

I've never rated Fernandes to be honest.  Take his penalties away (thanks Emi :))  and he's a bang average, lightweight "number 10."  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

All united fans gone back to depression mode.

Alot of my  utd mates are convinced they are in a relegation battle this year

Chelsea had a season like that a few years ago didn’t they? Not really in a relegation battle, but around 14-15th throughout the season. Imagine ManU doing that, ‘rock bottom’ for them.

• Confused 1

Ole probably embraced the player power thing which is why he did generally a decent job.

2nd and 3rd finishes, reaching an European Cup Final only losing out on penalties. Generally had his players on his side.

Any other approach seem to massively backfire.

Solution to this problem is getting rid of the senior players who generally run the dressing room and do like Arteta, buy younger players. Unestablished players who will not question your decisions because they are still in development and are desperate to learn and play.

The problem is getting rid of these senior players. Easier said than done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

All united fans gone back to depression mode.

Alot of my  utd mates are convinced they are in a relegation battle this year

United and Giggs both to go down this season. What a year that would be!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FLVillan said:

I've never rated Fernandes to be honest.  Take his penalties away (thanks Emi :))  and he's a bang average, lightweight "number 10."  

I really don't like the guy, but he's a good player.  Constantly one of the best creatively in the Prem and also very effective at breaking into the box and scoring.  He's scored 36 goals over 3 seasons (1/3rd are pens) and also racked up 25 assists.  Not bang average at all.

The thing that I learned from Elon Musk's 'joke' is that Manchester United fans don't appear to have any idea that FFP exists.

These are dangerous times for the game - when two of the worlds biggest brands in United and Barca are struggling to compete, there's a very real danger that they'll change the rules to suit them.

• Like 2

Â