Manchester United

BOF

Glazers have put money in and Neville is full of shit.

As some Arsenal fan said he wasn't shy of throwing all their players under the bus last season. Young players trying to make their way.

Scott McTominnay came on the pitch yesterday, took a horrific touch (again) and booted someone up in the air and not a word said. Passed the ball to the advertising hoardings twice and not a single word said.

I was waiting for him to say something and he never did.

Not sure who it was for Brentford but McTominay basically assaulted him. Absolutely smashed him just above the ankle after a terrible attempt at controlling the ball. He looked in a lot of pain.

Back in the day he’d have got 6-10 appearances before being flogged to Middlesbrough.

Edited by Genie

I thought people were joking when they were saying Martinez is 5ft9. 

I know the matter of height has been done before on here but I don’t see that working out well for a CB in the PL, maybe in other leagues / countries you can get away with it but not here.

I think yesterday finally ‘broke’ my United supporting mate, hasn’t even responded to the comments in our WhatsApp group! 

15 hours ago, Mantis said:

They're basically being held prisoner by their own size at the moment. It stops them from doing a proper rebuild because there's always a need to have big name players and a pressure to get results now.

Yep,  they would NEVER spend £30m on a Buendia or similar,  they'll spend £50m on some washed up name from another Chumpions  League club. 

I dont hate Man Utd. Used to love watching them in the Champs League 25 years ago when they played such good football with the class of 92 all on the pitch.

But i hate their fans.  The arrogance of my colleague at work who feels they are the greatest club ever . And how they can just take our best players if they wanted to. 

They are an utterly shit club with a massive fanbase. Bit like the football version of Coldplay. 

No director of football. For good reason. So the Glasers can make financial decisions ahead of footballing ones. 

Time to pity them. They are punching at their level now. Every time they come up against a team with a plan then they will fall apart.

The only question i have is how the **** did they get a draw out of us preseason

The blame does lie with the Glazers.

It’s the same with any large business, the culture is set from the top and that culture filters down throughout. They may well return a portion of the earnings back into the business but if they are absentee owners and disinterested that culture will poison an organisation, slowly but surely. 

Nothing will change there until the owners change. 

Wonder if they'll put Heaton in v Liverpool?

Edit: That's another huge selection call for Ten Haag. Tom hasn't played in a very long time though, I assume his last proper game was when he did his ACL for us at Burnley?

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

I think he just regrets taking the job to be honest. Almost mission impossible.

They struggled to get a really top manager.   He was possibly the best they could get.  Who will look at this now and want to go there? 

At some point they have to just stick with a manager and give him proper time. 

But you know they won't. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

They struggled to get a really top manager.   He was possibly the best they could get.  Who will look at this now and want to go there? 

At some point they have to just stick with a manager and give him proper time. 

But you know they won't. 

Hilarious they didn't sack OGS after 5-0 v Liverpool. Conte wanted the job there and then. They then ironcially went to Spurs the next week 3-0 and Spurs sacked Nuno the day after.

You reap what you sow sometimes.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

No director of football. For good reason. So the Glasers can make financial decisions ahead of footballing ones. 

Yeah they have, John murtough and then a deputy called Andy oboyle, appointed them this year

I don't think the glazers do anything there, they have the board role but they have people in place to actually run the club

The problem was Woodward was so damn good for business and man utds business is making money 

12 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The blame does lie with the Glazers.

It’s the same with any large business, the culture is set from the top and that culture filters down throughout. They may well return a portion of the earnings back into the business but if they are absentee owners and disinterested that culture will poison an organisation, slowly but surely. 

Nothing will change there until the owners change. 

That's where I disagree and enjoy the position that they're in

Man utd were at the forefront of revolutionising football as a business, a huge money making business

They're now owned by businessmen 

Whats the primary function of a business? It's make profit, its not win football matches, as far as the glazers are concerned man utd are a hugely successful business

For 20+ years man utd benefitted from the same thing that is now killing them so that's why I say **** em

So many of the shit things in football today don't exist without man utds pre glazer global expansion, Man City, FFP, orange juice partners, its all because of man utd 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep,  they would NEVER spend £30m on a Buendia or similar,  they'll spend £50m on some washed up name from another Chumpions  League club. 

Or go after someone like Kamara on a free. So many of their plastic fans would be crying out "why are we getting some random French kid on a free when we could be after De Jong!?"

• Like 2

United’s problems extend way beyond the first team.

The stadium needs a revamp, parts of it are old and crumbling now, their training facilities are old too and way off the standard of some of their rivals, I believe bodymoor Heath is much more modern. 

They don’t seem to be producing good young players at the moment, problems with the ownership, problems in the squad, a succession of failed managers.

I don’t think you could extract one positive about them right now.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's where I disagree and enjoy the position that they're in

Man utd were at the forefront of revolutionising football as a business, a huge money making business

They're now owned by businessmen 

Whats the primary function of a business? It's make profit, its not win football matches, as far as the glazers are concerned man utd are a hugely successful business

For 20+ years man utd benefitted from the same thing that is now killing them so that's why I say **** em

So many of the shit things in football today don't exist without man utds pre glazer global expansion, Man City, FFP, orange juice partners, its all because of man utd 

But they can only make money by winning football matches.  Results remain hugely important.   When you've built a hugely profitable business by being the most successful club the house of cards will eventually fall if you're not winning matches. 

Those Malaysian fans will stick with them for a while but by their very nature they are only interested in supporting a successful team.   They'll all slip away if they're losing more often than not,  have no really truly stellar players playing for them (Ronaldo will be gone soon and not replaced),  they have zero genuine attachment to the club. They'll all slip away to follow the next shiny thing. 

Winning matches goes hand in hand with making money. 

Edited by sidcow

Assuming they lose to Liverpool, their game against Southampton becomes massive - going into the fourth game of the season with no points and most likely bottom of the league will have them screaming.

I can't help but feel Klopp and co will go for the throat.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But they can only make money by winning football matches.  Results remain hugely important.   When you've built a hugely profitable business by being the most successful club the house of cards will eventually fall if you're not winning matches. 

Those Malaysian fans will stick with them for a while but by their very nature they are only interested in supporting a successful team.   They'll all slip away if they're losing more often than not,  have no really truly stellar players playing for them (Ronaldo will be gone soon and not replaced),  they have zero genuine attachment to the club. They'll all slip away to follow the next shiny thing. 

Winning matches goes hand in hand with making money. 

To an extent, that's why Woodward was so good at his job, they've still probably got at least a decade of huge revenue, man City overtook them for the first time last year (obviously with some help from their partners) which is what I think spearheaded the changes at director level, they were fine with the team being shit for 5 years but as soon as they weren't top of the revenue league heads rolled 

They still have the biggest kit deal and main shirt sponsor 

Get back in the CL and get that money and it'll be good enough for even longer 

And again all that said the club still spend a lot of money on this team, they should be better than what they are 

How long would it take villa to catch man utd? How long would it take for man utd to drop to villas level? Decades IMO glazers will be long gone before it happens

Â