Manchester United

BOF

I wonder if they stick to playing from the back. They just haven't got the players for it. Maguire looks terrified if there is a player 20 yards away from him. 

If they drop it, well, Ten Hag's tactic has proven a failure and he has to admit it. 

I can't enjoy it enough. 

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder if they stick to playing from the back. They just haven't got the players for it. Maguire looks terrified if there is a player 20 yards away from him. 

If they drop it, well, Ten Hag's tactic has proven a failure and he has to admit it. 

I can't enjoy it enough. 

There must be something with Maguire we don't see. I can fathom why he is so highly rated by so many managers.

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's not.

Sunken fallacy cost. If he costs £20m he'd be on loan to  Everton

It surely cannot be that? I would hope Premier League managers would be able to see beyond that? And he's England captain, is he not? 

Ball playing CB isn't he, not afraid to step forward and carry the ball

The fact that usually the opposition are also usually not afraid of him stepping forward and carrying the ball knowing he'll do **** all with it is somehow lost...

When I see him for England playing someone like San Marino and he's carrying the ball from the edge of his own box to the edge of theirs and the commentators are waxing lyrical about it I don't get how they miss that San Marino let him do it, they take up a shape cutting off all his options and try to make him do something knowing full well that he won't, after his 60 yard carry up the pitch the intricate through ball isn't next the 5 yard sideways pass is... But he's carried the ball 60 yards and passed it 5 yards sideways to a team mate who's now not in space because maguire has occupied it and dragged everyone in rather than played a relatively easy 60 yard forward pass to an open man. .. can't remember exactly which game it was where his heat map looked like he was playing left wing where england had grealish and maguire pushing up took him out of the game 

He's proper **** garbage 

• Like 1

Maguire cost too much in transfer fee and wages. Nobody will touch him.

What United are yet to realise that by cutting their losses and **** him off somewhere will cost them less in the long run.

Same for Fred, Rashford, Mctominay, Martial.

Not good enough, move them on.

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

What United are yet to realise that by cutting their losses and **** him off somewhere will cost them less in the long run.

He is the United version of Richards or Gabby in that he is unsellable but in Richards case he was injured so we didnt have to play him after season one

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is the United version of Richards or Gabby in that he is unsellable but in Richards case he was injured so we didnt have to play him after season one

They were also at the end of their careers. The United junk could find another club if the right terms are agreed.

As I said before, it’s not just about them it’s the message to the others that coasting along isn’t good enough.

United don’t learn though, the biggest piss taker in Premier League history (Pogba) was offered £14m a year to stay and take the piss some more.

Edited by Genie

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

They were also at the end of their careers. The United junk could find another club if the right terms are agreed.

As I said before, it’s not just about them it’s the message to the others that coasting along isn’t good enough.

United don’t learn though, the biggest piss taker in Premier League history (Pogba) was offered £14m a year to stay and take the piss some more.

Problem is Maguire is on 200k a week, nobody is taking that contract unless Southgate gets a club soon

Interesting you say that but Maguire is 29. Richards was 28 and Gabby 29 the season we got relegated

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Problem is Maguire is on 200k a week, nobody is taking that contract unless Southgate gets a club soon

Interesting you say that but Maguire is 29. Richards was 28 and Gabby 29 the season we got relegated

This is why United have to be ruthless, they will have to do a deal where they top up a new clubs wages to get him/gone.

If Everton offer him £120k per week United will have to pay a sum equal to £80k per week to get him gone.

Thats if they are serious. They can keep paying £200k per week for a shit defender if they think it’s cheaper.

This is where Neville has a point about the Glazers. Yes they’ve put money in for transfers but they haven’t put a structure in at the club so that they are getting the right people at the right price and keeping them motivated. 

Someone who knows what they are doing would not have Maguire as captain after all that has gone before. It’s one of the stupidest footballing decisions I’ve ever seen. What on earth was ETH thinking? I know he’s a figure of fun but he has the very experienced Steve Mclaren in his staff, did he not think that playing the same underperforming players was going to lead to disaster? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is why United have to be ruthless, they will have to do a deal where they top up a new clubs wages to get him/gone.

If Everton offer him £120k per week United will have to pay a sum equal to £80k per week to get him gone.

Thats if they are serious. They can keep paying £200k per week for a shit defender if they think it’s cheaper.

This is where Neville has a point about the Glazers. Yes they’ve put money in for transfers but they haven’t put a structure in at the club so that they are getting the right people at the right price and keeping them motivated. 

Someone who knows what they are doing would not have Maguire as captain after all that has gone before. It’s one of the stupidest footballing decisions I’ve ever seen. What on earth was ETH thinking? I know he’s a figure of fun but he has the very experienced Steve Mclaren in his staff, did he not think that playing the same underperforming players was going to lead to disaster? 

The Glazers have not and don't put money in for transfers. The club generates all that money.

But I don't think you meant it like that...

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same for Fred, Rashford, Mctominay, Martial.

Not good enough, move them on.

If Mr Ten Haaaaaaaaaaaaaag is reading this, please ignore Dave.

Give the above mentioned players 5 year contract extensions.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

If Mr Ten Haaaaaaaaaaaaaag is reading this, please ignore Dave.

Give the above mentioned players 5 year contract extensions.

spacer.png

Or give me a job, I’ll do it for £250k a year.

Edited by Genie

18 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

The Glazers have not and don't put money in for transfers. The club generates all that money.

But I don't think you meant it like that...

Yes, the Glazers sanction the expenditure (of which there has been an awful lot).

Usually the main criticism of owners is a reluctance to spend money on the playing staff. 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes, the Glazers sanction the expenditure (of which there has been an awful lot).

Usually the main criticism of owners is a reluctance to spend money on the playing staff. 

Its just a strange club. They have signed some high profile and qualified managers. They have also spent a lot of money and except Maguire a lot if them were top class or were supposed to be and at the peak. Only Zlatan and Ronaldo could argue were getting on and they were 2 of the better signings

Huge culture issues, think Elphick was the first signing that changed the dressing room culture at Villa and need make a signing like that to show professionalism. I really hope they dont 😂

Â