Manchester United

BOF

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

This is one of the things for me - they are useless at transfers. They pay way over the odds and every transfer is dragged out for an absolute age. 

They are Man Utd they don't have to pay inflated wages to the RIGHT type of player, the pull is already there.

58 minutes ago, tinker said:

There's a few clubs like that and we're not far away from it. I would love to feel sorry for manure but there are so many glory hunting fans that joined them for glory and now have no where to go it's absolutely hilarious 

You’re assuming most Man U fans have a sense of shame and can claim to have a real connection to the club.

In time, they’ll just go and support someone else, even Man City or Liverpool if it came to it. They might actually support their local team for a change, but I doubt it. Shamelessly moving over to a PL rival (or PSG/Juventus/Madrid/Barcelona) is more their thing.

Edited by His Name Is Death

Honestly don't feel an ounce of delight in seeing their fans upset. I don't know. I mostly don't care. But it's hard not to be engrossed in seeing a club with the highest payroll get crushed by the Premier League club with the very lowest. That's an interesting, crazy story. It's quite a warning about what not to do with a big club. But it had to happen some day. What goes up ... law of entropy, etc etc. If their supporters are committed enough to be in misery about today, they're as authentic as any supporters, I reckon.  I do know some MU plastics, but they haven't given a s**t for months if not years. The glory hunters left a long time ago. They're all at Man City and PSG and Liverpool now.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Arsenal are coming out the other side now. Expectations adjusted. United have several more years of misery ahead of them

excellent-happy.gif

That’s what I mean. They’ve taken the place of Arsenal in this regard. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

They are Man Utd they don't have to pay inflated wages to the RIGHT type of player, the pull is already there.

They don't though. They only need to look at Sancho amongst others.

One of the best youngsters in the world and the guy can't score or assist to save his life.

Why would you go there? They don't improve players. They don't win. The pressure is enormous. They're a million miles away now in terms of coaching structure and all infrastructure.

Why would anyone go there?

"We will pay you 100k above your market rate."

Done.

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Ten Hag, manager of Manchester United (one of the most most expensive squads in the world)

"We need quality players. "

wtf.gif&f=1&nofb=1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62536996

I am amazed the interviewer didnt just openly laugh in his face.

He's not wrong though. Man United have spent a lot but their midfield is on par with ours.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Ten Hag, manager of Manchester United (one of the most most expensive squads in the world)

"We need quality players. "

wtf.gif&f=1&nofb=1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62536996

I am amazed the interviewer didnt just openly laugh in his face.

It is true tbf. They’ve wasted best part of a billion pounds and the squad still needs an overhaul.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Been reading their Swedish fan forum. Glazers fault and need new owners. Clueless. Ten Hag should play some of the youngsters who at least will some fight and work hard.

No talk of Ten Hag looking absolutely like a deer in headlights on the bench? 

I mean as I said, it could be his style and that he was the same at Ajax, but he looks scared even. Maybe it's just his weird underbite or something, but he actually looks afraid and lost.

12 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

For anyone who lived through the nightmare of mufc fans in the 90's, it's objectively hilarious. 

I'm loving every minute.

This 100%, I worked with 3  lads during the  90s , 1 x boggie and 2 x unbearable manure fans ! All 3 from Redditch ! Fk em I hope they get bummed every week 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, daft said:

No talk of Ten Hag looking absolutely like a deer in headlights on the bench? 

I mean as I said, it could be his style and that he was the same at Ajax, but he looks scared even. Maybe it's just his weird underbite or something, but he actually looks afraid and lost.

I think he just regrets taking the job to be honest. Almost mission impossible.

• Like 2

Â