Manchester United

BOF

Just now, villa89 said:

£50m for 30 year casemiro who is signing a bumper 4 year contract. That will end well.

It's a good transfer. He is a very good player, CL winner, and 30 is the new 28. 

No resale value, but if he can get them an extra 6-9 points each season it's a good investment.

They will improve with Casemiro.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's a good transfer. He is a very good player, CL winner, and 30 is the new 28. 

No resale value, but if he can get them an extra 6-9 points each season it's a good investment.

But when McTominay is next to him and Maguire and Shaw behind him it wont be any better 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But when McTominay is next to him and Maguire and Shaw behind him it wont be any better 

That's true. I think Ten Hag will stick with playing from the back and Casemiro will be perfect to actually make it work, collecting the ball and playing it. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It’s gonna have to be one piece of the jigsaw at a time. If they get another couple of quality players in then they’ll have a chance.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s not just about money wasted on signings, it’s money wasted on not selling players. 

They could have easily got £100m for Pogba and Lingard if they had half a brain between them.

I couldn’t imagine a business so out of control that they just let £100m slip out of the door and nobody bats an eyelid.

The business being out of control is 100% down to the owners. The owners need to get a grip on their business or sell to someone who can. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The business being out of control is 100% down to the owners. The owners need to get a grip on their business or sell to someone who can. 

Don’t they pay Richard Arnold to run the business on their behalf?

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

If game postponed (don't think it will be) because cry baby fans protesting then they absolutely should get docked points. No hijacking league fixtures without punitive measures

What are they talking about, I just assumed it was turning up late to the ground or doing what we did v Everton in the relegation season when most of the ground left at 75th minute. 

Deliberately getting the Liverpool game postponed would be very dodgy ground considering it happened a couple of years ago after the super league fallout.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s not just about money wasted on signings, it’s money wasted on not selling players. 

They could have easily got £100m for Pogba and Lingard if they had half a brain between them.

I couldn’t imagine a business so out of control that they just let £100m slip out of the door and nobody bats an eyelid.

Luiz, El Ghazi, Traore, Sanson, Gulibert, Davis....what does that add up to I wonder?😉

Selling players at right time with highest value isn't always easy. Can only think they were happy to keep Pogba one more year with all the revenue he generated for them off the pitch as certainly I'd never have believed him if he said he was going to agree a new deal.

Lingard was an obvious case of he stayed as he was going to play more....then Ronaldo signed right at the end of the window and that was a ripple effect that disengaged squad players.

Bizarre is likes of Eric Bailly and Phil Jones continually having their contracts extended and still being at the club.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Don’t they pay Richard Arnold to run the business on their behalf?

They obviously did not do enough to safeguard their investment. If the management team are wasting money so catastrophically for a period of almost 10 years you have to take a look at the top ownership and how much they give a shit about the company.  

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They obviously did not do enough to safeguard their investment. If the management team are wasting money so catastrophically for a period of almost 10 years you have to take a look at the top ownership and how much they give a shit about the company.  

He’s only been in the job since Feb. Last chief was hounded out by the fans.

Now the circus behind the scenes goes on.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

He’s only been in the job since Feb. Last chief was hounded out by the fans.

Now the circus behind the scenes goes on.

Well exactly, it took fan power to get the owners to actually do something. 

Manchester United will never be a force again until they get rid of their disinterested owners. 

Once upon a time, the backroom operations at Man United were led by Great Men like Nick Humby. Many is the lad who grew up aspiring to be Humby, signing off United's accounts with a flourish. Many of us found ourselves sucked into buying irresistible merch showing the great man hard at work:

Photo-Jigsaw-Puzzle-of-A-portrait-of-Man

Now, the days of the Great Men like Nick Humby are sadly behind us, and no-one would dream of buying a jigsaw of failed losers like Richard Arnold. Meanwhile Humby himself rots away in a role at The Pantomime Association.* Sad times indeed.

*I shit you not

• Haha 1

On 18/08/2022 at 06:15, VillaJ100 said:

Thing is that would sink most clubs eventually. Man U and their weird Bangaladeshi ice cream partners etc and fans around the world means it'll never happen as the money keeps pouring in. 

I think this is one of the reasons they signed CR to be honest. Take him out and how many kids outside Manchester will follow them? Bet you don't hear "I want to be Scott McTominay" at many playgrounds in London.

Five more years of this and that global brand could look more like MySpace.

7 hours ago, Mic09 said:

As long as he at least rises above the rot he's their best CM

Does at least show the foot allying pyramid though with them not at the top, real Madrid cashing in on a player as they have a youngster ready to go, these 2 clubs are no longer on par with each other 

Man Utd are Real Madrid's version of Everton 😋

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Once upon a time, the backroom operations at Man United were led by Great Men like Nick Humby. Many is the lad who grew up aspiring to be Humby, signing off United's accounts with a flourish. Many of us found ourselves sucked into buying irresistible merch showing the great man hard at work:

Photo-Jigsaw-Puzzle-of-A-portrait-of-Man

Now, the days of the Great Men like Nick Humby are sadly behind us, and no-one would dream of buying a jigsaw of failed losers like Richard Arnold. Meanwhile Humby himself rots away in a role at The Pantomime Association.* Sad times indeed.

*I shit you not

I've read the description a few times and I'd just like to confirm that this jigsaw is indeed a portrait of Manchester United Finance Director Nick Humby from Manchester United. It's not totally clear.

• Like 1

Â