Manchester United

BOF

They genuinely need 7-8 new signings when you think about it.

Pogba leaving so need to replace him (on instagram at least).

Ronaldo, Cavani off upfront, Greenwood unavailable etc so they genuinely don't have  a decent CF at the club and need some backup for injuries/roation.

Remaining CM options are really bad so need two starters there ideally.

Most depth they have is at the back but that's been a problem with Shaw and Maguire having terrible seasons. Varane has been alright when fit but numerous injuries.

They're where Liverpool were in 2014 I think. It took until they signed Van Dijk, Fabinho and Alisson in 2018 before they seriously challenged for the title. Really interesting what happens if Ten Hag gets off to a poor start next season given they'll have to bed in so many new signings.

There's no point bring in Ten Hag without also bringing in 4 or 5 others with him to completely reshape the structure. Van Der Saar is an obvious

He's just one cog in the machine at Ajax. one.

Ultimately it comes down to the Glazers, they don't want people coming in at the higher levels who will disrupt.

There was a bit done on sports radio show here in Ireland about united and their problems and it was very interesting, they think Ferguson is the problem.

Drew comparisons to Busby and O'Neill when they were in transition. Apparently every manager since Ferguson left has had the same issue, he undermines them, tries to interfere and if players dont like the managers decision, they run to Fergie who wades in.

That would cause a serious dressing room split and would explain a bit how they are so poor with the money spent. It was an interesting listen.

Edited by gordy

20 minutes ago, gordy said:

There was a bit done on sports radio show here in Ireland about united and their problems and it was very interesting, they think Ferguson is the problem.

Drew comparisons to Busby and O'Neill when they were in transition. Apparently every manager since Ferguson left has had the same issue, he undermines them, tries to interfere and if players dont like the managers decision, they run to Fergie who wades in.

That would cause a serious dressing room split and would explain a bit how they are so poor with the money spent. It was an interesting listen.

Him publicly undermining some of the managers hasn't helped either. He obviously transformed the club, but these days he's a hinderance. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Him publicly undermining some of the managers hasn't helped either. He obviously transformed the club, but these days he's a hinderance. 

Every man and his dog hinders that club

That's why the vitriol towards the Glazers is so funny, other than skim money off the top and turn up for a prawn sandwich every now and then they do very very little there 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Every man and his dog hinders that club

That's why the vitriol towards the Glazers is so funny, other than skim money off the top and turn up for a prawn sandwich every now and then they do very very little there 

Not really true is it. Ultimately they make all the big decisions. If they made 3 good decisions, hired a top class chief executive, director of football and manager, things would sort themselves out. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Not really true is it. Ultimately they make all the big decisions. If they made 3 good decisions, hired a top class chief executive, director of football and manager, things would sort themselves out. 

Arguably they did have a top class chief executive, Woodward gave them a huge revenue stream that competed with the very best of world football even when on the pitch they didn't, his problem was the footballing side of it, he's now been replaced by Richard Arnold, the interest would be has he been replaced because utd have dropped off footballing wise or because they've actually dropped off commercially too, City have overtaken them (with city's owners obviously influencing that) 

John Murtough has been appointed sporting director with then ragnick stepping up in to some sort of consultant role on that side too

Manager will come this summer

I still don’t think Ralf will stay at the club once they replace him as manager. They wanted him to be a success and so already has a long contract in place. 
When it fails it looks a bit less like another failure. 

On 13/04/2022 at 05:13, Davkaus said:

I get the sense that when Fergie retired the team was in poor shape (despite winning the premier).  Whether I would blame Fergie for that is a deep philosophical question about the nature of the universe.

On 13/04/2022 at 06:18, villa4europe said:

other than skim money off the top

My question here is, are they skimming an unreasonable amount? What would be a reasonable rate of return and over what period of time? Or are we of the school that owners are here to entertain the fans? Obviously not an either/or. I don't have a clue myself, but these are questions that pop into my mind.

Just now, fruitvilla said:

I get the sense that when Fergie retired the team was in poor shape (despite winning the premier).  Whether I would blame Fergie for that is a deep philosophical question about the nature of the universe.

My question here is, are they skimming an unreasonable amount? What would be a reasonable rate of return and over what period of time? Or are we of the school that owners are here to entertain the fans? Obviously not an either/or. I don't have a clue myself, but these are questions that pop into my mind.

They're one of 3 teams to have spent a billion in the last 10 years, spending money is not the issue

The idea that they can't compete is a load of bollocks 

Chasing money is their problem, put more emphasis on sunglasses partners than they did playing football, the issue has been Woodward was very good at his job, its just that football wasn't his job and he wanted a dabble

That's been sorted though, he's gone, the infrastructure in place now sounds half decent, hopefully their spoilt fans continue to have no patience and the rot continues 

2 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

As of last year, they'd taken out about £125m in dividends, which in and of itself isn't a massive amount relative to the amount that Man United brings in, but they've also cost the club about a billion pounds, paying off the debt of the Glazer's taking over.

It absolutely beggars belief that they were able to "buy" the club, leverage the debt against the club itself, then use the club's money to pay for the purchase (which has cost the club hundreds of millions in interest alone - and it's nowhere near paid off yet), while siphoning off dividends as well as a wage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

As of last year, they'd taken out about £125m in dividends, which in and of itself isn't a massive amount relative to the amount that Man United brings in, but they've also cost the club about a billion pounds, paying off the debt of the Glazer's taking over.

It absolutely beggars belief that they were able to "buy" the club, leverage the debt against the club itself, then use the club's money to pay for the purchase (which has cost the club hundreds of millions in interest alone - and it's nowhere near paid off yet), while siphoning off dividends as well as a wage. 

It's genius really fairplay to them and **** Utd and their self entitled prick fans.

• Like 2

Â