Manchester United

BOF

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

As of last year, they'd taken out about £125m in dividends, which in and of itself isn't a massive amount relative to the amount that Man United brings in, but they've also cost the club about a billion pounds, paying off the debt of the Glazer's taking over.

It absolutely beggars belief that they were able to "buy" the club, leverage the debt against the club itself, then use the club's money to pay for the purchase (which has cost the club hundreds of millions in interest alone - and it's nowhere near paid off yet), while siphoning off dividends as well as a wage. 

It's how about 90% of takeovers happen. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It's how about 90% of takeovers happen. 

I'm struggling to think of others in the Premier league - it's certainly not how ours or Citeh, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Leicester, Wolves, Brighton, Brentford, Southampton, Palace or Everton's worked. I'm not sure about the others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm struggling to think of others in the Premier league - it's certainly not how ours or Citeh, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Leicester, Wolves, Brighton, Brentford, Southampton, Palace or Everton's worked. I'm not sure about the others.

Burnley has a dodgy takeover recently. They have pretty much put all the debt on the club and were saying relegation could finish them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I meant takeovers generally in corporate world. 

Yes, most football clubs are pet projects funded privately by wealthy individuals, but Man United was taken over like a company. 

• Like 1

They’re a joke, and terrible, but

They’re 6th. It’s a travesty of modern football that a team can be 6th in the top league and this is the narrative around them and every game they play.

Tough shit lads, imagine if you got relegated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

They’re 6th. It’s a travesty of modern football that a team can be 6th in the top league and this is the narrative around them and every game they play.

Ronaldo and De Gea are the only reason they are up there as well. 2 players people have said should have been sold off or not bought 

Shambles, the club is in a total mess. The infrastructure is literally crumbling around the club let alone the shower of shite served up on the pitch.

I don’t know how much worse it can get for them realistically speaking, I mean if folks are prepared to pay £3bn for Chelsea I shudder to think of what the Glazers will get when they give up control, which I think will be likely in the coming years. It’ll have no shortage of takers and I doubt the investment needed (stadium, training ground etc) will put them off.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Shambles, the club is in a total mess. The infrastructure is literally crumbling around the club let alone the shower of shite served up on the pitch.

I don’t know how much worse it can get for them realistically speaking, I mean if folks are prepared to pay £3bn for Chelsea I shudder to think of what the Glazers will get when they give up control, which I think will be likely in the coming years. It’ll have no shortage of takers and I doubt the investment needed (stadium, training ground etc) will put them off.

Be the Saudi's or someone of that ilk. Or a consortium of multi billionaires 

• Like 1

0-9 to Liverpool this season, 1-6 to City 

shambles of a club. 2 shots tonight. Looking at tonights team only Elanga, Fernandes and De Gea should be kept on if they want to get near the top 2 in the coming seasons. The rest should be binned

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Another aspect of it is that a team can be that bad, and still be far ahead of us in the table.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

That 0-4 loss today looked like Liverpool were playing against a third division team who were just trying to keep the score down.  I don't know how they're even sixth... 

They've actually only lost 4 games since November 21st. Man. City and Liverpool away, Everton away and Wolves at home so if you're picking up at least a point most weeks you're not falling too far down the table.

I think they'll actually struggle to get to 60 points looking at their final five fixtures, think Palace and Brentford will both fancy picking up draws v them. When was last time they failed to get to 60 points in full league season?

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They've actually only lost 4 games since November 21st. Man. City and Liverpool away, Everton away and Wolves at home so if you're picking up at least a point most weeks you're not falling too far down the table.

I think they'll actually struggle to get to 60 points looking at their final five fixtures, think Palace and Brentford will both fancy picking up draws v them. When was last time they failed to get to 60 points in full league season?

While sounds fine they have only won ten games from 25 under Rangnick. Decent record but they dont win that many under the football guru that West Brom rejected a few seasons back

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Do you know what confirms how terrible they’ve become more than anything else?  They haven’t even beaten Aston Villa this season.

Didn't beat Villa, Everton, Southampton, Leicester, and Watford this year in the league. Really not a good record with that many non-big 6 teams                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

It’s fun seeing their ex players stumped at why they aren’t back among the elite yet. 
They seem to think that they have a dip, then just return cos they are man United and generate lots of income.

The squad last night was appalling. The quality and effort on the pitch was just as bad. An absolute shambles that everyone involved in should be ashamed of.

Theres no excuse for lack of effort. I’ve seen under 11’s getting battered with more fight in them than United last night.

Â