Manchester United

BOF

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Talented kid, could still be a very decent player. £300k though is madness (even with incentives which a few desperate United fans are trying to justify it with)

He is stagnating, he is still the same player he has been for 3 years and I don't see how rewarding him for that is going to give him the motivation to go to the next level.
Occasional brilliance and spells of form and then a lot of awful finishing, selfish play, bad decisions, crap final balls and horrific shooting.

United lad born and bred or not, the best thing he could do for his career is get as far away from that club as possible.

Spice boys at Liverpool spring to mind.

I agree but if United had sense they would get rid of clowns around him like Pogba and Lingard and get in proper professionals

49 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

250k for Rashford? Makes City's wages seem smart. For instance, Gabriel Jesus is on £90,000. Similar players with a similar strike record. 

From what I've seen man city's contracts are fairly sensible for base wages, I think with yaya and David Silvas 2nd contract they restructured them, relatively low base but then really good bonuses 

De Bruyne is their highest paid player on £280k a week plus image rights and bonuses (which can bring him an extra £4m if he and they win everything going) 

Sterling and aguero are then on around £230k a week

Citeh are run far better from a footballing side of things than Utd. Obviously Utd have the commercial side which is immense and profitable 

Rashford, Lingard, Smalling and Jones are not good enough to get Utd back to the top of the league. Therefore they should be binned off but they've all had or been offered new contracts. None of those would get near City or Liverpool's team. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

250k for Rashford? Makes City's wages seem smart. For instance, Gabriel Jesus is on £90,000. Similar players with a similar strike record. 

Jesus has a significantly better goal scoring record.

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not bad for someone with the same goals as Agbonlahor at the same age. Biggest hype job in football.

Agreed. Good player but nowhere near where UTD think they should be. Reminds me a bit of Danny Wellbeck. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.

A MALE in his 50s has been rushed to hospital after reports of an overdose at Manchester United's team hotel in Perth, Australia.

The Red Devils confirmed this morning that a member of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's backroom team was receiving medical attention after being taken ill overnight.

The man was surrounded by heavy security as he was taken to the hospital under a blanket covering him from head to toe.

Australia's 9News says he was taken by ambulance to Royal Perth Hospital from Crown Towers, with reports stating the male is in a "stable condition".

Royal Perth Hospital is yet to officially confirm the man’s condition.

It remains unclear whether the man’s suspected overdose is as a result of an illicit substance, prescription medication or a medical condition.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9492073/man-utd-staff-hospital-overdose/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1562922050

On 12/07/2019 at 05:39, sne said:

Hmm, the sun making up absolute shite again? Maybe trying not reading toilet paper next time. Why even support scum like the sun by viewing their site? 

It's already been confirmed he was suffering from dehydration and a lack of sleep. Almost like 55 year olds can have health problems when they subject their bodies to highly strenuous tours. 

• Like 1

Rumours going on that a 80 mill deal for Maguire is close to being done.

That would probably make Tuanzebe a 3rd of 4th choice cb. He's development would be better off with us, playing regular football.

Edited by villalad21

Not so sure it is that crazy. People thought the same when Liverpool signed Van Dijk, but that was an excellent signing for them and well worth the money. If Maguire can have a similar impact there, will be money well spent. 

Leicester must be laughing all the way to the bank here!  80m for Maguire, dear me!!

Just think if this time next year someone offered us 80m for Mings.  It would allow us to buy four Brentford players FFS.  

• Haha 2

Maguire is really good when he's good, but on the days he's not good he looks absolutely awful.

A big lumbering ogre of a footballer on his bad days. 

From what I've seen he has a few too many off days to be the most expensive defender in the world.

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Not so sure it is that crazy. People thought the same when Liverpool signed Van Dijk, but that was an excellent signing for them and well worth the money. If Maguire can have a similar impact there, will be money well spent. 

But he won't.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Â