Manchester United

BOF

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Maguire is really good when he's good, but on the days he's not good he looks absolutely awful.

A big lumbering ogre of a footballer on his bad days. 

From what I've seen he has a few too many off days to be the most expensive defender in the world.

I just think he's another Jagielka.

Pretty good Premier League defender but he ain't gonna win you leagues

• Like 1

Obvious statement and whether it’s relevant is debatable as both clubs have different plans (currently....), but they’re spending more on Maguire than we’ve spent on the seven signings we’ve completed so far.

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Not so sure it is that crazy. People thought the same when Liverpool signed Van Dijk, but that was an excellent signing for them and well worth the money. If Maguire can have a similar impact there, will be money well spent. 

Van Dijk was over priced at £75million, despite what he has done for Liverpool, at £80 million man utd are buying a solid defender but £80million, and the press reckon we over paid for mings

Football is ruined

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Obvious statement and whether it’s relevant is debatable as both clubs have different plans (currently....), but they’re spending more on Maguire than we’ve spent on the seven signings we’ve completed so far.

Doesn't matter. It'll still be "Ooh, Villa are spending a lot, they're the next Fulham, £26.5m for Tyrone Mings!" for the next month like we've inflated the market on our own.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Van Dijk was over priced at £75million, despite what he has done for Liverpool, at £80 million man utd are buying a solid defender but £80million, and the press reckon we over paid for mings

Football is ruined

Was he? I would imagine Liverpool's achievements since signing him has covered the initial outlay of that fee, or at least close to it. Then they have re-sale value too. If Barcelona wanted to buy him, he'd be sold for £100m+. 

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Maguire is really good when he's good, but on the days he's not good he looks absolutely awful.

A big lumbering ogre of a footballer on his bad days. 

From what I've seen he has a few too many off days to be the most expensive defender in the world.

English Richard Dunne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If they sell Lukaku and doesn't bring another striker in they have massive problems.

Rashford's highest goal tally in Premier League was last season with only 10 goals. So where are the goals coming from?

Have to see how Dybala adapts but he has scored 24 and 19 for Juventus in Serie A plus more in champions league. Also 14 for Palermo. Also need Martial to get motivated again, his form was a disgrace after he signed a new contract last February.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Have to see how Dybala adapts but he has scored 24 and 19 for Juventus in Serie A plus more in champions league. Also 14 for Palermo. Also need Martial to get motivated again, his form was a disgrace after he signed a new contract last February.

I don't know if Dybala is a great fit for the English league.

Regardless, if they sign him it will be interesting to follow him.

Edited by villalad21

I don't know what sort of board would piss me off more. The Newcastle stile limited backing, or one that spends half a billion of sh*t. 

It must be incredibly frustrating for all those cockney fans to see their team sitting in 7/8 after spunking so much on average players. 

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Harry Maguire for £80m is absolute madness.

The fee is madness and he's not on level of Van Dijk but Man. United do need some control at the back. How often when they're under pressure do you see Jones, Smalling and Young just hoof the ball upfield. Lindelof is the only decent ball playing CB they have.

I like Maguire, lovely to watch when he strides forward out of defence. I prefer him to John Stones who makes far more mistakes and still looks unconvincing at highest level. Man. City signed him for 50m three years ago so if you compare those two the fee is in line with that transfer.

Seems Man. United also want Mandzukic from Juventus. Been a good forward but 33 now so not sure how he'd adapt to prem at this stage of his career.

• Like 1

The agents must love working with Man United, come up with any stupid numbers and they'll pay it. They have some kind of complex where they can't be seen to be walking away from a deal because it's too expensive. 

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Seems Man. United also want Mandzukic from Juventus. Been a good forward but 33 now so not sure how he'd adapt to prem at this stage of his career.

Dybala played his best of Mandzukic so makes sense of he signs. 

Mandzukic probably not popular with English media since they labelled him a goalless donkey before World Cup semi final

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The agents must love working with Man United, come up with any stupid numbers and they'll pay it. They have some kind of complex where they can't be seen to be walking away from a deal because it's too expensive. 

In fairness they just link United to a player and price goes up. If for example Villa offered Hutton for free, just say United wanted him and then his value goes up to minimum 8million

Â