Manchester United

BOF

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They haven't shipped out a single player who wasn't out of contract have they? 

Yep likes of Rojo and Jones still there. They gave both new 4 year contracts about a year ago.

Matic looks like he'll remain their DM, lost a yard of pace last season and was a real weak link in the run in.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Dosen't apply to us. We played them when they'd just lost 3 straight under Moyes and he was starting to be seriously under pressure. 3-0 win, Cleverley actually scored the third with a Messi style run through the centre of defence. Later in the season we went 1 up at OT with lovely Westwood free kick before completely capitulating 4-1. Moyes was sacked two weeks later.

That season we beat Man. City and Chelsea at home and won away to Arsenal. Also drew 2-2 at Anfield so we actually had a reasonable record v top 6 that year. Man. United finished 7th.

We've drew with them 1-1. But I think that was the following season (before Sherwood came). We began great by winning 3 out of 4 (Gabby's goal at Anfield), drawing home with Newcastle. We've also beaten Hull and it was Grealish first cameo. 

However, we went into bad run beginning with losing to Arsenal at home, Chelsea, QPR and Spurs. We had a long run without scoring. Was it our first goal against Utd? Benteke scored a lovely goal. I think Gabby was sent off too. I don't think we've won a lot that period, when we had Benteke back. But we had a win away against Palace or whoever was it. Then back again to one of the worst runs before Sherwood coming.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They haven't shipped out a single player who wasn't out of contract have they? 

They are renewing contracts to average players in the hope that they'll get some money for them instead of letting their contract run out.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

As lazy a comparison as doing a Fulham 

Doesn't matter now anyways.

He doesn't wanna come to them for obvious reasons. Pogba really is saving their midfield. Take Pogba out and we got a better midfield than them.

Edited by villalad21

On 02/08/2019 at 21:44, Genie said:

The agents must love working with Man United, come up with any stupid numbers and they'll pay it. They have some kind of complex where they can't be seen to be walking away from a deal because it's too expensive. 

It's like they can't be seen to miss out on a target. "We're Man United, we'll get who we want (and pay over the odds to do so)!"

On 04/08/2019 at 07:08, villa4europe said:

Fa cup, 2-0 up, Phil neville OG, they brought van nistlerooy on and won it 

Think he means a 3-0 League cup win we had against them in 2000.  It was a proper second string United side though.

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah I cant remember that, that's a complete blank for me

Looking at teams United had Bosnich, Solskjaer and Jordi Cruyff as senior players and OShea made his debut. Report said it was Bosnich 1st Villa return

Dybala is off, priced himself out of the move by the sounds of it, £200k a week wages (which isn't a lot for utd) and £12m agent fees

can you imagine lukaku if he gets unhappy and stops putting a shift in... :lol: 

Edited by villa4europe

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Looking at teams United had Bosnich, Solskjaer and Jordi Cruyff as senior players and OShea made his debut. Report said it was Bosnich 1st Villa return

I actually went to that game, Bosnich got massive abuse off the Holte all game. Get the feeling him and Fergie had already fallen out so he was played to run the gaunlet.

Hands up, who thought utd would still be a shit show for this long?

They remind me of ourselves when we first got relegated (all relative of course), chucking loads of money at the problem without having any sort of plan. 

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Hands up, who thought utd would still be a shit show for this long?

They remind me of ourselves when we first got relegated (all relative of course), chucking loads of money at the problem without having any sort of plan. 

Long may it continue! I hope they just continue to decline into irrelevance, finishing about 10th every year. I'd love them to get relegated but that would never happen 

• Like 3

lukaku pictured training with Anderlecht as he's trying to engineer a move out of there

again this is over a month after inter were rumoured to be bidding and the juve interest

6 days from their first game and their main striker isn't training with them, madness

They are linked with Eriksen.

Would be amazed if this happened. They don't know how to use "number 10's" look at Kagawa, i know he's played for them for a long time but look at Mata as well. Been nowhere near as good as he was at Chelsea.

Edited by villalad21

Why are many big clubs so lazy in the scouting department? 

Kids do a better job on FootballManager and know better than to spend £80million on players when a similar alternative can be found in Europe.

Sanchez, Mata, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka... surely, Man U can do better?

Â