Manchester United

BOF

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness they just link United to a player and price goes up. If for example Villa offered Hutton for free, just say United wanted him and then his value goes up to minimum 8million

Yeah I agree.

But then contracts like Rashford and Lingard. Agents ask for stupid money, United seem to look like they cant be seen to say no, it's too much. Nobody else would pay those 2 half of what they're getting at United.

....and dont even start on Sanchez!

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Yeah I agree.

But then contracts like Rashford and Lingard. Agents ask for stupid money, United seem to look like they cant be seen to say no, it's too much. Nobody else would pay those 2 half of what they're getting at United.

....and dont even start on Sanchez!

Yeah its like  shit media +ed woodward =tony xia

Sanchez, Pogba and Lukaku are prob 3 highest paid players in England. I am in a pub now and i still put more effort in 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The fee is madness and he's not on level of Van Dijk but Man. United do need some control at the back. How often when they're under pressure do you see Jones, Smalling and Young just hoof the ball upfield. Lindelof is the only decent ball playing CB they have.

I like Maguire, lovely to watch when he strides forward out of defence. I prefer him to John Stones who makes far more mistakes and still looks unconvincing at highest level. Man. City signed him for 50m three years ago so if you compare those two the fee is in line with that transfer.

Seems Man. United also want Mandzukic from Juventus. Been a good forward but 33 now so not sure how he'd adapt to prem at this stage of his career.

Yeah, I agree with all of this - £80m is madness though. Maybe money really is no object there! For all his good points, Harry Maguire is absolutely not befitting of being the most expensive defender in the world. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, I agree with all of this - £80m is madness though. Maybe money really is no object there! For all his good points, Harry Maguire is absolutely not befitting of being the most expensive defender in the world. 

He certainly isn't but I'd take him all day long over John Stones, a "top" defender I've never really got the hype over. Man. City system protects likes of him and Otamendi and then eveyone is shocked when they look mediocre playing for their national teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watching their game against AC Milan.

Man Ure look absolutely dogs***. Getting totally dominated in midfield.

Hope we play them before OGS inevitable get sacked.

Its a friendly 

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watching their game against AC Milan.

Man Ure look absolutely dogs***. Getting totally dominated in midfield.

Hope we play them before OGS inevitable get sacked.

As if that'll make any difference. If there's one thing I've learned from following Villa over the years is that no matter how good we're doing or how badly they're doing, they'll always either smash us or get some jammy draw/win after going behind. I **** hate playing that **** team because they seem to have some massive psychological edge over us.

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

As if that'll make any difference. If there's one thing I've learned from following Villa over the years is that no matter how good we're doing or how badly they're doing, they'll always either smash us or get some jammy draw/win after going behind. I **** hate playing that **** team because they seem to have some massive psychological edge over us.

We won a few times during the MON era i think!

41 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Since supporting Villa, its the only team we never finished ahead of...... Bastards

Think they even relegated us when they were shit

Edited by Zatman

The first couple of years are lost on me but I think in the PL era we beat them in the cup final, the nothing with kids game and the away game under MON

3 times in nearly 30 years

Its **** depressing, that's before you throw in the times we've been ahead, ropey ref decisions etc 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The first couple of years are lost on me but I think in the PL era we beat them in the cup final, the nothing with kids game and the away game under MON

Its **** depressing, that's before you throw in the times we've been ahead, ropey ref decisions etc 

We battered them in a cup game when they played kids as well about 99.

Worst part was all the leads and late goals we conceded

24 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It's the manner of it as well like conceding to that absolute scrub pub player Macheda with the only decent shot he'll have in his entire career

Think he scored 3 goals for United. 2 were wonderstrikes vs us 😂. You cant make it up 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

That is good for us against them! 

To be fair to him, MON managed us when they won 3 Premier League titles, had Cristiano Ronaldo, and won the Champions League, so it was definitely forgivable.

But they do have a weird hoodoo over us. The only decent win over United I can picture clearly in my head is that 3-1 when Alan Hansen said you can't win anything with kids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We beat them 1-0 at VP in 92/93

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

That is good for us against them! 

We had a good run against them from 2008. 3 draws against them at VP and won at Old Trafford as has been said so think it was 1 defeat in 5 (the bleeding Macheda game we should never have lost).

That said two of those VP games were a 1-1 draw when they were down to 10 men for 70 minutes after Nani red card (and were still better than us) and 2010 game when with half a youth team playing we were outstanding and were 2 up with 15 minutes left. Fergie then put on Obertan and Macheda upfront.....:bang:

Â