Manchester United

BOF

the utd fans by me seem to vent their anger at woodward (because venting their anger at the yanks didn't work) rather than the manager, they're the types who get the yellow and green scarves out when they draw away to burnley

football is cyclical, they broke that for nearly 20 years, now its going back, they've tried with FFP to stop it but they cant, now hopefully off to the wilderness

and they've created their own circle, they need the high profile mega signings to push their marketing which feeds their spending but these high profile players are preventing them from buying a squad and by and large don't give a **** about the club, especially with so much blame being pointed in so many directions, you could make an argument for them needing 8/9 players to get back to the top but their model means they cant

edit - and unsurprisingly they are completely blind to what they have done with FFP, its city that ruined football and they are the victims

Edited by villa4europe

It feels like no more £300mil Chevrolet deals for Man U in the near future once the commercial world realises they are no longer the big boys in the league.

Good.

They still have a lot of casual fans worldwide, same as Liverpool had when they were kinda poor but they never went as low as Utd are now. 

Interesting with football being cyclical, Utd are in decline as well as Chelsea and arsenal you could argue. Never thought it would happen though, especially Utd I thought it was locked in. I hope in my lifetime they get relegated 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

They still have a lot of casual fans worldwide, same as Liverpool had when they were kinda poor but they never went as low as Utd are now. 

Interesting with football being cyclical, Utd are in decline as well as Chelsea and arsenal you could argue. Never thought it would happen though, especially Utd I thought it was locked in. I hope in my lifetime they get relegated 

Liverpool went a bit lower though. Souness was a mess. United have won as many trophies since Ferguson left than Liverpool have managed in last decade

19 hours ago, KMitch said:

He's been fantastic at Molde in both his spells there.

That’s a bit of a stretch. He’s done what you expect from a manager who, in relative terms, has unlimited funds to play with. 

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool went a bit lower though. Souness was a mess. United have won as many trophies since Ferguson left than Liverpool have managed in last decade

I didn't really remember that, just they used to finish 3rd/4th out of the 'Big 4'

Midfielder Juan Mata has signed a new two-year contract at Manchester United.

Mata's deal was set to expire on 30 June but he has agreed to stay on until 2021 - with an option to remain for another year.

The Spain international joined United from Chelsea for a then club record £37.1m in January 2014 and has scored 45 goals in 218 appearances.

"I have been at Manchester United for five years and I am proud to call Old Trafford my home," Mata said.

Mata, who scored in the 2016 FA Cup final win against Crystal Palace and has also won the Europa League and EFL Cup with the club, said manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had a "truly exciting" vision for club.

"I am so happy that I will be a part of that," he added.

Solskjaer said: "Juan is the ultimate professional and one of the most intelligent players I have worked with.

"As well as everything he brings on the pitch, we have some fantastic young players here and I know that Juan's vast experience will help them to reach their potential over the coming seasons."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48683833

Seems like a good character to have around but he has to be the oldest 31 year old currently in the league. The guy can't move anymore.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 09:13, VillaJ100 said:

Despite hating the way they did it as it basically caused the drawbridge to go up, I do enjoy Man City's success just for the anguish it causes Utd fans. 

Most United fans I know don't really care about Citeh. They were hoping they would win the league this year in order to stop Liverpool.

The scousers are their real rivals. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Most United fans I know don't really care about Citeh. They were hoping they would win the league this year in order to stop Liverpool.

The scousers are their real rivals. 

Nothing more irritating then non local fans usings terms like Manc scum and Scouse scum

4 hours ago, Hornso said:

Damn, was hoping Mata would go home to Oviedo.

Home? He only played youth team there and isnt from the town

He has helped them out a few times with money but at 30 he be mad to go to Spain 2nd tier now

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Home? He only played youth team there and isnt from the town

He has helped them out a few times with money but at 30 he be mad to go to Spain 2nd tier now

Ah my bad. I swear he’s said he like to go back there.

The video in itself is nothing to get outraged about.

But you imagine that this “bantz” attitude is present a lot more at the club now than it ever was under Fergie. Players more bothered about appearing like top lads on their Instagram accounts, I can easily imagine it spilling over into the time they’re meant to be acting professional. 

Imagine Lingard acting in anyway like that in the dressing room with Roy Keane there.

I don’t mean to sound all old school “kids these days” there, but as much as I disliked Man Utd back then, they had a proper professional winner’s mentality, they don’t have that now, certainly not to the same extent.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 2

Add to the above, Old Mouldford or whatever its called will have no more dodgy penalties  or decisions in favour of the home team.  It will be fair for all.  Imagine that.   I wonder if the home games are worth all the travel each week fir them?   

• Like 1

Â