Manchester United

BOF

How many times have we actually beaten them in the league since the Premier League started? 2 or 3 times? And the victory over them at Old Trafford under O'Neill is certainly the only one I can remember from the past 20 years. Yet we've beaten basically every other top team at least semi-regularly.

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They are linked with Eriksen.

Would be amazed if this happened. They don't know how to use "number 10's" look at Kagawa, i know he's played for them for a long time but look at Mata as well. Been nowhere near as good as he was at Chelsea.

The chances of Woodward pulling Eriksen out of the bag with a couple of days to go are about as remote as us signing Bale imo. 

The only way they get him is paying massively over the odds. Levy will be pissing himself. 

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

How many times have we actually beaten them in the league since the Premier League started? 2 or 3 times? And the victory over them at Old Trafford under O'Neill is certainly the only one I can remember from the past 20 years. Yet we've beaten basically every other top team at least semi-regularly.

To be fair we've had some crap managers over the years...

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Twice in a week in 92/93 (league and cup) then the 94 league cup final, the 'you don't win anything with kids' game in 95 then nothing until Gabby at Old Trafford.

We did beat them in 1999 in the league cup but they definitely threw that game. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Why are many big clubs so lazy in the scouting department? 

Kids do a better job on FootballManager and know better than to spend £80million on players when a similar alternative can be found in Europe.

Sanchez, Mata, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka... surely, Man U can do better?

I actually think Bissaka and Maguire are excellent signings, they're problem is the midfield.

There's only so much you're defence can do when you're midfield keeps getting overrun. Take Pogba out of that midfield and we've got a better midfield than them.

Fred, McTominay and Pereira. Does that strike fear into any of you?

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

I actually think Bissaka and Maguire are excellent signings, they're problem is the midfield.

There's only so much you're defence can do when you're midfield keeps getting overrun. Take Pogba out of that midfield and we got a better midfield that them.

Fred, McTominay and Pereira. Does that strike fear into any of you?

I'm not sure Maguire at £80 million this summer is good business. He was good business last season before he signed the contract extension - now Man U have to add an extra £40mil on top of what they would have paid last year because they didn't plan ahead properly.

As for Wan Bissaka, they also have Tuanzebe who you could argue is a similar player with similar potential. In which case, was in not smarter to spend the £50mil on improving Fred, McTominay and Pereira? 

Bissaka for his age and for who else is on the market I think is a good signing (top fullbacks are getting rare) 

Maguire for me though isnt anything special, his price tag reflects his passport, was he even a top 5 PL CB last year? Done OK for England but does he look like he'll be at home in the CL? Because for that much money and that long a contract that's what they've bought him for, not convinced myself and then you add in he cost more than de ligt (ignoring wages) 2.5x as much as diallo to psg and hunmels to dortmund and arsenal are trying to get the leipzig kid for £20m less

Can't be sure obviously but can't help but think there were potentially better players available for cheaper, Maguire is an expensive safe bet

I wonder if United have given much thought the Neymar? They have the money, he'll score them lots of goals as well as shift millions of shirts and gain huge media interest.

Yes, he's a bit of a bad egg if he's moody but still, If I was Ed I'd be tempted as he seems to want out of PSG.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I wonder if United have given much thought the Neymar? They have the money, he'll score them lots of goals as well as shift millions of shirts and gain huge media interest.

Yes, he's a bit of a bad egg if he's moody but still, If I was Ed I'd be tempted as he seems to want out of PSG.

Would be the kind of signing Fergie would have made and turned him into a Ballon D'Or contender. Would certainly be better than Dybala or whatever other weird signing that would never have fit in. Question is, I don't know if Ole would be able to get the best out of him like Fergie could have. He already has a job on his hand keeping Pogba on his toes.

• Like 1

Alexis didnt want to join

De Gea wanted out

Pogba wants out

Ramos didnt want to join

Dybala didnt want to join

Lukaku is training in Anderlecht gear to get away

they throw a tonne of money at players to try and keep them there when they want out and then wonder why performances are so below par. How the pendulum has swung against the mighty Man Yoo. So desperate to appear relative in this new era but go about it in the worst way. Bet Fergie cant believe just how toilet they've become. Satisfying :)

5 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

The chances of Woodward pulling Eriksen out of the bag with a couple of days to go are about as remote as us signing Bale imo. 

Does Sven Goran Eriksson count? 

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Would be the kind of signing Fergie would have made and turned him into a Ballon D'Or contender. Would certainly be better than Dybala or whatever other weird signing that would never have fit in. Question is, I don't know if Ole would be able to get the best out of him like Fergie could have. He already has a job on his hand keeping Pogba on his toes.

Fergie would never have touched Neymar

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

The only way they get him is paying massively over the odds. Levy will be pissing himself. 

God knowing levy Eriksen would be 400 million plus pogba 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

The only person that gives any thought to Neymar these days is Neymar. Nobody is interested in him because his monumental bellendness massively outweighs his talent. 

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fergie would never have touched Neymar

Why not?

He signed several other "bad boys" (Keane, Tevez, Cantona).

I think Keyblade is right though, SAF could have handled Neymar but I don't think OGS and EW can. He's bigger than them.

• Like 1

I think they are in serious trouble if they don't sign 1-2 midfielders.

They got totally dominated by Everton last season (4-0) and they haven't signed any midfielders and Herrera is gone.

Not even sure they will finish in the top 6

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why not?

He signed several other "bad boys" (Keane, Tevez, Cantona).

I think Keyblade is right though, SAF could have handled Neymar but I don't think OGS and EW can. He's bigger than them.

Them players mentioned left it all on tge pitch though amd worked hard. Fergie had no time for Beckham lifestyle and Neymar is a lot more hectic

Â