Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Rafa doesn't play the YANEYETED way so it's a no go.

My God, they are becoming a parody of themselves at this point.

I think Rafa licking Liverpool arse at every opportunity is probably worse for his job chances than his style of play ;) 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

These guys done more scouting than the United scouting team

Really good stuff. This "moneyball" approach is very interesting.

At the same time, I can't think there is more to it. We had Vertout, Guaye, Amavi, Gollini who all represent a sensible transfer. None of those worked out, mainly because the rest of the team was filled with fat Gabbys, Richards or Sinclairs and led by a poor manager.

I guess it has to be a mixture of many factors, and who knows if the players suggested do well in a side with Sanchez, Pogba and Beans Beans Beans.

Self entitlement really is an ugly trait amongst fans. Makes it so easy to dislike them, and all the more satisfying when they keep failing.

Just a shame that they make so much money that they can keep failing and get away with it. Spending 500k p/w on flops, £100s of millions on flops; if it doesnt work out oh well we'll just do it again next season. Ah well hope the trend continues for a few years yet and we can finally get a win or two against the old enemy.

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Self entitlement really is an ugly trait amongst fans. Makes it so easy to dislike them, and all the more satisfying when they keep failing.

Just a shame that they make so much money that they can keep failing and get away with it. Spending 500k p/w on flops, £100s of millions on flops; if it doesnt work out oh well we'll just do it again next season. Ah well hope the trend continues for a few years yet and we can finally get a win or two against the old enemy.

I just don't think that can last forever with no success. Brands and things don't want to be associated with losers. 

brands want exposure, TV stations want viewers, even a declining man utd will give them that, a car crash man utd will definitely give them that, the only thing that will stop the sponsors is fading in to obscurity and im not sure if that will ever happen, didn't with Liverpool, they grew their south east asia fanbase during a time with no real success, utd will do the same

cant find the number of times on TV / revenue thing from last season, Liverpool were top, city were 2nd, I wouldn't then be surprised if utd were 3rd or 4th

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

brands want exposure, TV stations want viewers, even a declining man utd will give them that, a car crash man utd will definitely give them that, the only thing that will stop the sponsors is fading in to obscurity and im not sure if that will ever happen, didn't with Liverpool, they grew their south east asia fanbase during a time with no real success, utd will do the same

cant find the number of times on TV / revenue thing from last season, Liverpool were top, city were 2nd, I wouldn't then be surprised if utd were 3rd or 4th

I'd see that as evidence its already hapenning though. 10 years ago they'd be far, far away at the top. 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Rashford apparently going to sign a new contract worth £250k a week. 

Get a lot of beans with that

Reports this morning 300k per week. If that is anything like being accurate then United really are being mismanaged on a scale never seen before. Absolutely reckless use of the clubs funds.

It's like they want to fail.

3 year contract to OGS?,

£250-300k/w for social media star Rashford?

Contract extensions for Smalling and Phil Jones

Dean Henderson apparently asking for £75k/w to sign a new contract :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Rashford apparently going to sign a new contract worth £250k a week. 

Get a lot of beans with that

Not bad for someone with the same goals as Agbonlahor at the same age. Biggest hype job in football.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

God.

Man United should be anyone's example on how not to run a football club.

You support a team that paid a player 60k a week and didnt play for 3 years, signed a 12 million pound striker who didn't play for 2.5 years then had his contract ripped up. A club hours away from a winding up order

Would say our club was ran a lot worse

• Like 1

yep for all their complaining about the glazers never putting any money back in the club and woodward being out of his depth in terms of football activities they are still probably the go to example of financial success, if anything there downturn in performances is yet to show any impact on their marketability which is incredible

not won the league in 6 years, not won the CL in 11 yet they are increasing their revenue every year, in some ways they are incredibly well run

not having a DoF is killing them

Talented kid, could still be a very decent player. £300k though is madness (even with incentives which a few desperate United fans are trying to justify it with)

He is stagnating, he is still the same player he has been for 3 years and I don't see how rewarding him for that is going to give him the motivation to go to the next level.
Occasional brilliance and spells of form and then a lot of awful finishing, selfish play, bad decisions, crap final balls and horrific shooting.

United lad born and bred or not, the best thing he could do for his career is get as far away from that club as possible.

Spice boys at Liverpool spring to mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Reports this morning 300k per week. If that is anything like being accurate then United really are being mismanaged on a scale never seen before. Absolutely reckless use of the clubs funds.

Seems as though the basic is in & around the £150k mark, with the other £150k in goals & bonuses etc.  In other words he's on £150k a week.

Â