Manchester United

BOF

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They've landed themselves in the shit and it's hilarious. Keep OGS and they're screwed, he's **** clueless, just a diabolical manager. If they sack him then they will just look extremely bad and clueless.

Ultimately they need to swallow the pill and get rid of him. Absolutely roll the red carpet out for Pochettino and then begin to dismantle that squad. To help fund their revolution they really ought to sell Rashford and Martial, two players who cannot deliver at this level but are somehow highly rated.

See, I don't know if many teams will jump to buy Rashford. I can't see an English club buying him (arsenal? Chelsea? Surely they can buy cheaper abroad?) and it's unlikely he goes somewhere in Europe. 

The team needs a rebuild, and I think currently it's assets aren't worth that much. I'd even go as far as thinking they will lose money on Pogba. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Fans unsurprisingly turned on Pogba today, an absolute fraud. for one of the goals he didnt bother tracking back then was dominated in midfield by Bacuna

The fans are used to attitudes displayed by the likes of Sparky Hughes, Robson, Ince, Keane, Scholes, Butt... even Fletcher. 100% given at all times. If Fergie was still there he'd have thrown teacups and kicked boots in Pogba's face long before now and disposed of him. He's a lazy player. 

33 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

See, I don't know if many teams will jump to buy Rashford. I can't see an English club buying him (arsenal? Chelsea? Surely they can buy cheaper abroad?) and it's unlikely he goes somewhere in Europe. 

The team needs a rebuild, and I think currently it's assets aren't worth that much. I'd even go as far as thinking they will lose money on Pogba. 

That's true, his goal tally isn't far off Agbonlahor's when he was Rashford's age.

It's a strange collapse isn't it? I didn't expect the winning streak to last forever. But it did over such a long time that I was sure it was something else then a new manager boost. I expected them to even out and fall back to the average. But to crash like this? 

• Like 1

I actually think experience is overrated, either you're good or you're average or you're bad. Look at Zidane, he had no managerial experience. He went from coaching the youth team to winning Champions League 3 times at his first spell as a manager.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I actually think experience is overrated, either you're good or you're average or you're bad. Look at Zidane, he had no managerial experience. He went from coaching the youth team to winning Champions League 3 times at his first spell as a manager.

I think the key word is respect. If you come in and get it, then keep it the players respect you'll have them pulling up trees. The players knew that Zidane wouldn't accept less than 100%. Same with SAF, same with the old Jose, same with Wenger.

As soon as the players get a whiff that you're sinking, or you don't have the power or balls to bomb them out then its all over.

If United back OGS then he needs to make a few statements by binning off those who are not pulling their weight. Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku need to go first. I'd rather have players like Young, Smalling and Jones who give the effort but lack the quality than the other way round (get rid of those players in wave 2...)

Edited by Genie

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think the key word is respect. If you come in and get it, then keep it the players respect you'll have them pulling up trees. The players knew that Zidane wouldn't accept less than 100%. Same with SAF, same with the old Jose, same with Wenger.

Not quite the same so far with Zidane pt. 2, eh?

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not quite the same so far with Zidane pt. 2, eh?

Jury is still out on that. No one can question his merits, 3CLs speaks for itself.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Xela said:

If Fergie was still there he'd have thrown teacups and kicked boots in Pogba's face long before now and disposed of him. He's a lazy player. 

Fergie did get rid of him when he was there, that's how he ended up at Juventus. If Fergie wanted to keep him he would have been given a contract and not been let go for nothing.

It's absolutely hilarious what's happening at Man United. After seeing them dominate for so many years I'm loving every minute of their demise. Surely they have to sack OGS, it's just not going to work. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I don't know who is the worse manager, Henry or OGS?

I think henry can live off the excuse, for now, that it was his first job and Monaco were awful anyway. He'll probably get one more crack at it.

OGS was shit at Cardiff and he's shit here. I'd say he's worse, but Henry might prove to be as bad given time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Jury is still out on that. No one can question his merits, 3CLs speaks for itself.

Yep, for such a short time in management he's already joint first with Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti for most European Cups, heck of an achievement in many ways.

You surely would think OGS learned from his spell at Cardiff, but he is making the same exact mistakes at United.

Keeps changing the team every week, keeps changing tactics. Mind boggling really.

It's mental Phil Jones is still getting starts. Guy was a prospect in 2011 but has lost 2-3 years of his career to injury and is a walking accident when he plays. Smalling is a bit better but he's never been world class yet this is still their regular CB duo. In reserve they have Rojo who got a new 4 year deal last season. He's played 73 games for them since 2014 so barely 15 games a season. Lindelof's o.k I guess.

Their full back options are a joke considering what the top 2 have now. Ashley Young was a squad player for many season yet in last 18 months he's somehow morphed back into one of the first names on the team sheet. He'll be there next season aswell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's mental Phil Jones is still getting starts. Guy was a prospect in 2011 but has lost 2-3 years of his career to injury and is a walking accident when he plays. Smalling is a bit better but he's never been world class yet this is still their regular CB duo. In reserve they have Rojo who got a new 4 year deal last season. He's played 73 games for them since 2014 so barely 15 games a season. Lindelof's o.k I guess.

Their full back options are a joke considering what the top 2 have now. Ashley Young was a squad player for many season yet in last 18 months he's somehow morphed back into one of the first names on the team sheet. He'll be there next season aswell.

With Jones etc there's just absolutely no fear factor anymore. If you're a striker you probably dreaded playing Vidic and Ferdinand as you knew you weren't going to get much. Now I'd like I could rinse those pair and bag a brace. 

There are a couple of points for me in relation to Man U.

First is they compared the team cost when man u played man city towards the end of the season, man citys first 11 cost 440m and man u cost 420m, granted both are obscene amounts of money but the performance and achievement output from that similar cost is staggering, man u have wasted so much money on poor or average players it boggles the mind.

Secondly if you look back to when I was young(ish), when man utd were at the peak of their powers in the 90s and early 00's, I saw am analysis of them that they basically used to just buy the best player from the teams around them to cement their position at the top of the division, ie: cole, young, yorke, sherringham, berbatov, etc etc, coupled with their golden generation of youth the other teams couldn't compete.

Now the time of being able to do that is pretty much gone due to the world wide recruitment of players and man u couldn't corner the top division market.

Thinking about it like that it makes you consider whether man utd ever really got past that in terms of the fact that other clubs now have much better recruitment of talent (a few players aside like Ronaldo).

It's going to take them a while to get back to the top I think they are in a right mess and miles behind man city and Liverpool.

Most of their team aren't that good or have a poor attitude, for example pogba, good player in theory but i dont think i would want him playing for my team, his attitude reminds me slightly of ballotelli, if not quite as blatant, indont deny his talent but oh my Lord his attitude.....

Add that to all the other poor purchases and they are in a real mess.

I say good though, not really keen on them.

Edited by MaVilla

I just hope this crap form carries on until they lose all the worldwide fair weather fans and althe ridiculous FFP avoiding sponsorships like official tractor transmission fluid partner and or get relegated 

• Like 2

Â