Manchester United

BOF

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Absolutely zero chance of him being sacked now 

I said before I have a hunch that Solskjaer isn't the type of person to take the piss and will step aside.  Who Utd could get instead I have no idea.

I thought his successful run was down to a lot more then a new manager bounce. It all came crashing down hard though. Pretty sure there's quite a few rotten eggs there. 

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Due to his club legend status I think the fans would turn on the players before the manager

edwood woodwood and of course the money grabbing yanks who have left them poverty stricken would be top of the list

Kinda makes a mockery of those who say Pep is just a chequebook manager. 

United have spent close to what city have in recent times and they’re dog shit. 

You can’t just throw money at it. You have to actually have a plan and still sign the right players. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Skruff said:

Have they made a single successful signing of a player the past 5 years? 

Possibly Herrera 5 years ago. 

5 hours ago, sne said:

Lindelöf might not be value for money yet but he's done pretty well this season IMO

Bailly is also a good center back when he is not hurt, but he is always hurt. 

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Kinda makes a mockery of those who say Pep is just a chequebook manager. 

United have spent close to what city have in recent times and they’re dog shit. 

You can’t just throw money at it. You have to actually have a plan and still sign the right players. 

Yep. No plan whatsoever for years now other than spend spend spend and hope for the best. Even in the last year or two of Fergie's reign they were buying badly. I feel a little sorry for OGS, as he's inherited a squad that's simply not that good. They need to invest in youth with a plan for the long term rather than chasing the quick fix year after year.

It's bizarre that they've spent so much money and just don't have any stars, apart from Pogba who has been slightly above average for them and is probably on the way out.

They really have to turn over the entire squad apart from a few of their younger players.

bad recruitment + mediocre management is a bad combination. Mourinho didnt get players he wanted and they left him with players he didnt want Pogba, Sanchez etc. Now Mourinho didnt help himself at times but still some of the players didnt even bother  like Pogba

• Like 1

They will start to become a less desirable club for young talents or proven top players as well, as they aren't winning anything but the expectation of the fans is very high and they want to be challenging for everything, so the pressure is on from the start. It's different from the old days as well as that pressure used to be there but you were slotting into a well oiled machine. Now it's a madhouse with a disjointed squad and a lack of cohesion. The only reason you'd join is because they pay ridiculous wages but top players and talents can get similar money at more successful clubs, which means all they are left with are players who aren't really good enough, players over the hill who want a massive pay day, and players who don't give a shit. 

I don't think they will drop out of the top 6 currently in the medium term but to be successful again they need new owners, a new system and to basically completely start again, but that won't happen which is great news! 

Their problems are at board level not manager level. Their problems are similar to ours really, no coherent plan, just buying names for big money then changing manger and bringing in a whole new style of play. No continuity, no consistency, no plan. 

It’s not going to get any better until they rest from the top, a bit like us. 

Â